Did You Know?
Spring is just around the corner! The first day of spring traditionally falls on the day of the spring equinox; however, if you follow the meteorological calendar that is determined by climate, you celebrate the start of spring on March 1. Translated from Latin, equinox means "equal night," and refers to the time when every region on the planet experiences close to equal hours of daylight and darkness on March 20. The spring equinox isn't just a celebration of spring, it is also the day of the Persian New Year and it determines when Easter will be celebrated. Learn more about the ins and outs of springtime.
5 Things to Know in March
Plan your year with these upcoming FICP events.
The March digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Hear from three dynamic keynote speakers at the 2019 FICP Education Forum. Learn more.
Renew your FICP membership or hospitality partnership by March 31 to be included in the printed Directory. Learn more.
From Social: How to Make Event Entertainment More Impactful. Learn more.
Renew Today to be Included in the Directory
Even if you’re still receiving NewsNet, your FICP membership may have expired! If your membership or hospitality partnership lapsed on December 31, renew by March 31 for uninterrupted access to FICP benefits and to be included in the printed Directory. Log in to your MyFICP account and select "Join or Renew for 2019 Today" to complete the renewal process.
Advertise in the 2019 Printed Directory
Advertising opportunities in the 2019 FICP printed Directory are now available for all hospitality partners. Download the ad agreement to secure your spot in this year’s directory. Agreements must be submitted by April 1, 2019. Contact FICP Headquarters at (312) 245-1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Meet the Keynotes
Attendees of the 2019 FICP Education Forum, June 5-7 at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa in Birmingham, Alabama, will have the chance to hear from three dynamic keynote speakers. Touching on leadership, storytelling and accountability, this can't-miss lineup will inspire attendees to forge ahead in their careers. Learn more about the keynotes and register now.
Canadian Seminar Sponsorship Sales
Calling all hospitality partners interested in connecting with Canadian meetings professionals. You can experience a full day of unique education and networking at the Canadian Seminar, taking place August 12 in Toronto. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend by participating in the sponsorship sales on March 21 at 11:00 a.m. CT. Meetings professional registration will open in early May.
Spring to Action
Who better to learn from than those who have been there and done that? And what better way to feel like you're contributing to your professional association and the industry than telling your story? On our own blog and via our media partners, we have opportunities to share the tale of how you managed an event through a hurricane, your favorite new F&B conception, the best mobile apps out there and more. Ready to get started? Send us a note and let us know what you'd like to share!
What You May Have Missed in TheNetwork
Here are some recent discussion threads you may have missed this month in TheNetwork:
Strategic Partner Profiles
Dan Tavrytzky, Managing Director, DMC Network
"FICP connects you to the premier community of financial and insurance meetings professionals in our industry. Through the education, networking and destination experiences that FICP offers, we at the DMC Network are a stronger, more proficient and knowledgeable community of destination management professionals. The DMC Network prides itself on mirroring the most important qualities of FICP's members - passion, expertise, dedication, reliability and creativity. We are ready for anything, and we're there for you! "
The DMC Network 6th Annual Talent Search at the Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas
Lori James, DMCP, President & Owner, AZA Events, Inc.
"As a Strategic Partner since 2015, FICP has enabled AZA Events as an independent destination and event management company for 28 years to take full advantage of the networking opportunities, professional development and the connections to drive revenue. FICP has afforded AZA to be affiliated with one of the most premier associations in the meeting planning industry."
All About Alice
At this corporate family night of 900+ attendees, we turned an outside venue into Wonderland. Each area of the venue exuded a different theme, including the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Queen of Hearts' Castle Grounds, and the Talking Garden. Entertainment included a Mad Hatter Station, caricaturists, face painters, green screen photos, interactive DJ and the entire cast of realistic characters from the story. The kids loved meeting Alice in person, the Tweedles were tumbling acrobats, and the Mad Hatter Magician had plenty of tricks up his sleeve. The tea-party table was turned into a cake walk to wish everyone a very un-happy birthday. Our fortune-telling Caterpillar gave enlightening tarot card readings, while the White Rabbit spring stilt walker jumped around, always late for a very important date. Even the adults couldn't escape the madness of the Cheshire Cat, who jumped on tables and bars, and nuzzled the little ones. With great partnerships from our suppliers, this event was truly a success!
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Victoria Busbee, Colonial Life
- Heather Carter, State Farm Insurance
- Leah Christian, State Farm Insurance
- Laura Dawdy, State Farm Insurance
- Karrie DeBolt, State Farm Insurance
- Michael Despones, Farmers Group, Inc.
- Eric Ekstam, State Farm Insurance
- Heather Fortenbury, State Farm Insurance
- Mitchell Glasser, MetLife
- Andrew Hauck, State Farm Insurance
- Devon Hylander, CNA Insurance
- Coreen Marcroft, Aetna
- Missy Meyers, State Farm Insurance
- Eilie Pol, State Farm Insurance
- Joel Tillirson, Colonial Life
- Sylvie Tremblay-Walt, Sun Life Financial
- Rachel Trink, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Kirk Weller, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
- Penny Bergsten, The Stonewall Resort
- Brittany Boldizsar, Encore Boston Harbor
- Kim Britton, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions
- Jing Butler, The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- Jessica Ciliberti, JW Marriott Essex House New York
- Devin Dial, Fashion Island Hotel
- Jennifer Diggens, Ottawa Tourism
- Maoreen Every, Eco Destination Management Services of Aruba/Curacao
- Ioulia Mastrogiannaki, The Savoy London
- Eduarda Neves, Portugal Travel Team
- Sally Noona, Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Traci Russell, JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
- Scott Shivner, Montage Laguna Beach
- Rudy Suniga, InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills
- Dee Torrealba, SLS South Beach
- Claire Tucker, The Line Hotel
- Laima Voelker, The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin
- Stephanie Warner, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
- Brad Williams, Platinum DMC Collection
- Barbara Young, Hilton Austin