Find Your Community Within a Community, Online
FICP's online communities are independent and self-managed groups on TheNetwork that provide our members with yet another opportunity for professional development and ways to connect with industry colleagues online. Community members decide on when to meet and what to discuss based on crowd-sourced topics. Here are three of FICP's online communities available on TheNetwork:
This SIG offers our Canadian meetings professional members an opportunity to discuss, learn and share ideas on the topics specific to the Canadian meetings industry.
Canadian SIG Co-Chairs:
- Deena Petrou-Winter, Senior Event Consultant, Retail Markets, Manulife, Waterloo, ON
- Ann LeBlanc, Senior Manager, Program & Events, RBC Global Asset Management, Toronto, ON
Join FICP's CMP Cohort to actively engage and participate in our open-discussions and share thoughts, questions and best practices with your peers. Open only to FICP members and hospitality partners, this CMP Cohort hosts bi-monthly calls on specific topics that cohort members have requested to support them through their CMP Exam journeys!
Launched in 2021, the Strategic Leaders Exchange is an exclusive online community of 50+ FICP members who are the most senior meetings professional in their organization.
How to Join an Online Community
- Log in to your profile using the “Login” link in the top right corner.
- Once you’re logged in, go to TheNetwork and click on the "All Groups" page, found under "Groups."
- Find the group or group(s) you would like to join, and click on the blue "Join" button on the right side.*
*Join requests are subject to approval for certain online communities, like the Strategic Leaders Exchange.