Did You Know?
Every year on February 14, it's not unusual to receive flowers and heart-shaped boxes filled with decadent chocolates on Valentine's Day. However, travel abroad and you may be in for a surprise! In Germany, couples express their sentiments with pig figurines, pictures and chocolate pigs. Women do the majority of the gift-giving in South Korea and men return the favor by gifting the women candy a month later on White Day. In Peru, orchids are exchanged. Read more about these international Valentine's Day traditions.
5 Things to Know in February
Plan your year with these upcoming FICP events.
The February digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Meetings professional registration is now open for the 2019 FICP Education Forum. Learn more.
Have you renewed your FICP membership or hospitality partnership for 2019? Renew today to retain your benefits. Learn more.
From Social: Don't Fade with Fads, Triumph with Trends! Learn more.
Renew to Keep Your FICP Benefits
It's not too late to renew your FICP membership or hospitality partnership, if you have not done so already. Renew by March 31 to ensure uninterrupted access to FICP benefits and community. Log in to your MyFICP account and select "Join or Renew for 2019 Today" to complete the renewal process.
F&B trends come and go. Which of these are ready for something new to come along? Respond to the poll in TheNetwork.
Advertise in the 2019 Printed Directory
Ad sales for the 2019 FICP Printed Directory will be available soon for all hospitality partners. Contact email@example.com to express interest in advertising and receive this year’s ad agreement.
Registration Now Open for the 2019 FICP Education Forum
Meetings professional registration for the 2019 FICP Education Forum, June 5-7 at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa in Birmingham, Alabama, is now open! Register now to secure your spot and don't miss the keynote lineup that will leave you feeling inspired and energized.
You've Got This
Think you can't share your stories in industry blogs, articles and interviews due to strict company policies? Think again! Many trusted FICP colleagues have honed ways to navigate such opportunities so that you can share your ideas with others in the industry without putting yourself, or your company, at risk. Follow the tips below and let us know you're interested in contributing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
FICP Member of the Month: Meet Meredith Brewer
Meredith Brewer is the Corporate Vice President - Corporate Affairs, Events at New York Life Insurance Company. Her main job responsibilities include hotel relationship management, sourcing and contracting. In addition, she is responsible for the planning of two-to-three high-level events per year. Meredith is one of the newest members of FICP's Board of Directors.
Can you sum up the value of FICP membership to you in one sentence?
MB: FICP is comprised of a network of individuals who share many of the same challenges on a day by day basis and, therefore, are willing and able to learn from each other, provide support, share fresh ideas, and of course have a little (okay a lot of) fun along the way. Read more.
What You May Have Missed in TheNetwork
Here are some recent discussion threads you may have missed this month in TheNetwork:
Strategic Partner Profiles
Shari Wallack, President, Buy The Sea
"The strategic partnership guarantees our presence at live events, which is the most valuable part of our association with FICP. In a society cluttered with social media, it’s the in-person networking that helps us meet new contacts and solidify existing relationships. Show up. Dive in. Participate. Make a difference."
Buy the Sea takes the fear out of booking cruises and all-inclusive resorts. Just jump. You might find that it was the best thing you’ve ever done! Seas the Day.
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Elizabeth Antonopoulos, MassMutual
- Naida Basu, Antares Capital
- Ryan Bixler, Protective Life Insurance
- Jenna Christopherson, Nationwide Insurance
- Nicole Day, Wellington Management
- Julie Johnson, Transamerica
- Robin Kovacs, MassMutual
- Jessica La-Rotta, Prudential
- Andrea Litwa, OppenheimerFunds, Inc.
- Mary Marshall, Nationwide Insurance
- Maggie McDonald, MassMutual
- Meghan Powell, Commonwealth Financial Network
- Elizabeth Sage, LPL Financial
- Courtney Sheehy, Natixis Investment Managers
- Emily Tarbell, Cambridge Associates
- Katie Travers, Falcon Investment Advisors
- Rachel Anderson, Glamour Luxury Destination Concierge
- Becky Aramayo-Biltz, MeetingPlay
- Bob Arrivillaga, Fashion Island Hotel
- Lee Blakely, Absolutely Charleston
- Leigh Butterfield, 2B DMC UK Ltd.
- Christine Caraccia, Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Teresa Cardinali, SeeItalia & Contact
- Courtney Carroll, Conrad Washington, DC
- Lana Casavant, Rare Indigo
- Becky Colbert, Lotte New York Palace
- Kristin Crawford, The Adolphus
- Karyna Flores, InterContinental Hotels of San Francisco
- Kevin Funke, Hotel Xcaret Mexico
- Michael Greco, PRA Chicago
- Cathy Gregory, Hotel Bennett
- Enrique Juarez, Omni Montelucia
- Melissa Kelly, Taj Boston Hotel
- Vivien Leuenberger, Calistoga Ranch and Solage, Auberge Resorts
- Alyssa Logan, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Laura Manzano, Auberge Resorts Collection
- Allyson OConnor, NXTevent
- Harriet Porter, Visit Anaheim
- Kevin Rosa, Chateau Elan Winery & Resort
- Anne Salafia, Gurney's Newport Resort
- Jennifer Sena, Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB
- Jeff Silva, JW Marriott Tampa Water Street
- Melanie Smith, Destinations DMC
- Kristin Wood, Skamania Lodge