Volunteers who offer industry expertise and diverse experiences in both the meetings and events and financial services and insurance industry are at the heart of FICP. We invite meetings professional members and hospitality partners to help the association achieve its goals by serving in various leadership capacities:
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Subject-matter Experts: contribute to the advancement of FICP members by presenting on an area of expertise at FICP events, authoring blogs or other content on behalf of FICP, and leading discussions in TheNetwork.
- Mentor Program (Hospitality Partners)
- Ambassador Program (Meetings Professionals) – details coming soon!
The Appointment Process
Appointments can occur at different times throughout the year and on an as-needed basis by the Board of Directors through the recommendation of the Committee/Event/Project Chair. While FICP task forces are tied to specific events and projects, FICP committees operate on a calendar-year basis. Committee terms are usually for one or two years, and are renewable. Most volunteers meet throughout the year via teleconference and do not require business travel; however, all volunteers are expected to be engaged members who frequently attend FICP events.
Raise your hand to volunteer by completing your profile on TheNetwork. Your Volunteer Profile helps FICP match you with future volunteer opportunities for which you are both qualified and interested.
With one click, be added to FICP's Volunteer Pool to receive email alerts when a new opportunity that matches your interest and availability pops up.
Volunteers must be active members or hospitality partners in good standing. With limited spaces available, volunteers will be notified when an opportunity that matches their interest area becomes available.
What Will Make You an Effective Volunteer?
- Commitment to participate actively in all scheduled meetings and conference calls
- Dedication to furthering FICP's goals and objectives
- A willingness to learn from others
- A positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
- An understanding of the role of committees within FICP's structure
- Knowledge relevant to the purpose of the volunteer opportunity