The Board of Directors exists to provide strategic direction, set policy, ensure the association’s financial viability, provide sufficient resource allocation and oversee the performance of the Executive Director. Directors are elected by the membership. The board works as a unit to govern the association and serve the best interests of the profession as a whole. It also oversees the Executive Director who employs a professional staff to carry out the board’s directives.
View a list of past presidents/chairpersons.
Eligibility, Nomination & Election
Applications are now open for the 2020 Board of Directors. Interested meetings professional members should complete the 2020 Candidate Application Form and return it to email@example.com by August 26, 2019.
To be considered for board service, all candidates must:
- Be an FICP meetings professional member in good standing for two continuous years or more.
- Be able to maintain their corporate and/or meeting planning responsibilities as well as their FICP director responsibilities.
- Have the full support of their company's management, since Board service requires additional work and occasional travel.
- Have at least five years of work experience in the meeting planning profession.
- Have not served on the board of directors in the previous two years.
Director terms are for three years and typically include the additional responsibility of serving as chair of an FICP committee or event team. Candidate applications will be kept on file and placed in consideration for three consecutive years.