The Board of Directors exists to provide strategic direction, set policy, ensure the association’s financial viability, provide sufficient resource allocation and oversee the performance of the Executive Director. Directors are elected by the membership. The board works as a unit to govern the association and serve the best interests of the profession as a whole. It also oversees the Executive Director who employs a professional staff to carry out the board’s directives.
View a list of past presidents/chairpersons.
Eligibility, Nomination & Election
2019 board candidate nominations are now open.
Applications are due to Executive Director Steve Bova no later than Friday, August 17, 2018.
To be considered for board service, all candidates must:
- Be an FICP meetings professional member in good standing for two continuous years or more.
- Be able to maintain their corporate and/or meeting planning responsibilities as well as their FICP Board Member responsibilities.
- Be a strategic thinker focused on the big picture and future outcomes.
- Have the full support of their company's management, since being an FICP Board Member requires additional work and occasional travel.
- Have at least five years of work experience in the meeting planning profession.
- Have not served on the board of directors in the previous two years.
Director terms are for three years and typically include the additional responsibility of serving as chair of an FICP committee or event team. Candidate applications will be kept on file and placed in consideration for three consecutive years.