Volunteers who offer industry expertise and diverse experiences in both the meetings and events and financial services and insurance industry are at the heart of FICP. We invite meetings professional members and hospitality partners to help the association achieve its goals by serving in various leadership capacities. Whatever time and effort you can give, there's a volunteer opportunity for you.
Board of Directors (meetings professionaly only): Composed of strategic thinkers focused on the big picture and future outcomes of the association. Must have at least five years of work experience in the meeting planning profession.
- The application period for the 2021 Board of Directors is now closed. Applications for the 2022 Board of Directors will open in August 2021.
Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee - HPAC (hospitality partners only): Provides insight and perspective on the hospitality community, which helps the board to set strategy and direction for the association (hospitality partners only).
- The application period for the 2021 HPAC is now closed. Applications for the 2022 HPAC will open in August 2021.
- Standing Committees:
- Education Committee: Provides guidance and direction on the association’s education vision and generates content recommendations for the various education activities throughout the year, in-person and online.
- Influence Committee: Positions FICP as an influential organization of thought-leading meetings professionals and an educator and advocate on issues that impact the meetings and events industry.
- Membership Committee: Provides guidance and direction for membership benefits, programs, policies, and recruitment and retention efforts.
- Event Teams:
- Annual Conference Event Team, Education Forum Event Team & Symposia Event Team: Assists FICP staff in selecting educational content, provides input on incorporating local elements and networking opportunities into meetings that align with FICP’s strategic goals, and participates in “grassroots” marketing campaigns as needed.
- Content Contributors: Contribute to the advancement of FICP members by presenting on an area of expertise at FICP events, authoring blogs or other content on behalf of FICP, and leading discussions in TheNetwork.
- Mentorship Program (hospitality partners only): The FICP Mentorship Program assists new and existing FICP hospitality partners with their transition into the association and/or understanding effective ways to recognize and achieve return on investment for their participation.
Raise Your Hand to Volunteer
Appointments can occur at different times throughout the year and on an as-needed basis. While FICP event teams are tied to specific events, committee terms are for one year and may be renewable. Most volunteers meet throughout the year via Zoom and do not require business travel; however, all volunteers are expected to be engaged members who frequently attend FICP events.
Signing up is easy — with just a few clicks, you are added to FICP's Volunteer Pool and will be considered for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Volunteers must be active members or hospitality partners in good standing. With limited spaces available, volunteers will be notified when an opportunity that matches their interest area becomes available.
What Will Make You an Effective Volunteer?
- Commitment to participate actively in all scheduled meetings and conference calls
- Dedication to furthering FICP's goals and objectives
- A willingness to learn from others
- A positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
- An understanding of the role of committees within FICP's structure
- Knowledge relevant to the purpose of the volunteer opportunity