FICP’s 2021 leadership was revealed during the Annual Business Meeting held in conjunction with FICP: Reimagined, following an online election held prior to the virtual event.
Joining the Board are Meg D’Angelo, AVP, Events and Hospitality, Lincoln Financial Group and Crystal Neubauer, CPLP, AVP, Education and Events, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. Their three-year terms will become effective January 1, 2021.
By acclamation, Erin Longo, CMP, Vice President, Event Management, Prudential, will become the 2021 Chair. Michael S. Burke, CMP, Director, Conference & Travel Services, The Hanover Insurance Group, will serve as Immediate Past Chair.
The Board of Directors appointed Jennifer C. Squeglia, CMP, Independent Contractor, Boston Private, as Chair-Elect. Squeglia will become Chair of the Board in 2022.
Also continuing on the Board in 2021 are:
- Meredith Brewer Buggelli, Corporate Vice President – Corporate Events, New York Life Insurance Company
- January Cantrell, CMP, Director of Meetings and Events, AIG Retirement Services
- Heidi Carlisle, Second Vice President, Travel, Meetings & Incentives, Aflac
- Pam C. Schrock, CMM, CMP, Senior Manager, Meetings & Events, Transamerica
- Steve Bova, CAE, Executive Director, Financial & Insurance Conference Professionals (FICP)
Concluding their terms and departing the Board at the end of 2020 are Allison Cooper, Vice President, Conference Experiences, LPL Financial, and Wayne M. Robinson, CMP, CMM, Assistant Vice President, FM Global.
To serve on the Board of Directors, one must be an FICP member in good standing for at least three consecutive years; be able to maintain their corporate and/or meeting planning responsibilities as well as their board responsibilities; have the full support of their company’s management; and have at least five years of work experience as a meetings and events professional.
Congratulations and welcome to FICP's 2021 Leadership!