Education Week 2.0 | Sign Up | Schedule | Sponsor | Speakers | Education | Networking | Attendees | FICP Anytime | FAQ
In addition to a robust education lineup, throughout the week you'll enjoy dedicated networking time to connect with fellow attendees while testing out different virtual networking platforms.
Fun(racer) Step Challenge
We're kicking off Education Week 2.0 with our Fun(racer) Steps Challenge. Participants will be randomly organized into teams of 5-10 people to participate in a friendly, fun steps challenge to raise money for The Above and Beyond Foundation. The Above and Beyond Foundation provides small grants to hospitality professionals that lost their jobs during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
How it works:
Week of June 14 (Pre-Event):
- You will receive an email from FICP to introduce you to your team and provide instructions for the steps challenge that will kick off on Monday, June 21.
- Each team will designate a team lead that will be responsible for collecting everyone’s steps at the end of each day of the challenge and submitting them on the FICP website (link to be provided).
- Your team will determine and submit your team name and the name of your team lead by Thursday, June 17 through TheNetwork.
Fun(racer) Steps Challenge begins Monday, June 21 at 12:01 a.m. CDT and ends Thursday, June 24 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- The challenge is based on the team’s cumulative steps during the event. At the end of each day, team leads will enter their steps for that day to contribute into your team's collective total.
- Teams track their progress against other teams on the leaderboard that will be visible for attendees throughout the week.
- For every 100,000 cumulative steps, FICP will donate $100 to The Above and Beyond Foundation, up to $2,000.
- The team with the most cumulative steps at the end of week will receive a prize for each of its members, provided by Discover Puerto Rico.
- Entries posted by Friday, June 25 at 10:00 a.m. CDT will be accepted.
Not interested in participating in the step activities but still want to donate?
Great! Visit the The Above and Beyond Foundation webpage and click the “DONATE” button. It will ask you for your email address where to send your tax-deductible receipt. It will then prompt you for payment information. From there, please let them know you heard about them through attending FICP Education Week 2.0.
Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CDT
*Closed during Education Sessions and Dedicated Networking
Grab a seat at a table and connect with fellow attendees on this interactive networking platform. Once you enter a Remo room, you will be able to see, hear and interact with whoever is already in that space in real-time. The platform uses video, audio and messaging features for participants to naturally interact with one another from anywhere in the world.
- Click here to test the compatibility of your browser, hardware and internet connection required to access the Remo tool.
- Use the attendee list to coordinate a time to meet during Education Week 2.0. Once you decide on a time, simply head over to Remo, grab a table and connect!
Tuesday, June 22 from 1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. CDT
A dynamic meeting space designed to help people comfortably bond and connect, Gatheround's features help participants get to the conversations that matter. Attendees will experience a variety of 1-on-1 and small group networking activities and get to know each other through features such as conversation prompt cards and group pairing. FICP: Reimagined attendees will remember the tool as Icebreaker.
- If you haven’t used Gatheround (previously known as Icebreaker), you’ll need to create an account and sign in. There are two ways to sign in—via a Google Account, or with any email you choose.
Wednesday, June 23 from 1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. CDT
Similar to bumping into other attendees in the hallway, this tool allows you to move around in a virtual space to meet others. All participants have an avatar, so you can see who is speaking to whom. To join or start a conversation, simply click and move your avatar next to someone else's avatar and a video chat will open to create a circle! Each circle can hold up to 15 participants. Easy-peasy!