FICP has allowed me to do my job better. I’ve learned about the Certified Meeting Professional program through FICP.
Mary Strolle, CMP, CTA, The Doctors Company
Through the CMP-IS program, individuals who are employed in meeting management pursue continuing education, increase their industry involvement and gain industry-wide recognition. In addition, the CMP-IS includes internationally relevant best practices and provides a greater level of detail when describing and categorizing industry knowledge, ability and skills. The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and a written examination.
More than 80% of the educational content offered at FICP events is eligible for CMP credit across the nine domains from the CMP International Standards, helping planner members and hospitality partners grow in their professional development.
28% of FICP members have achieved their CMP.
How FICP Can Support Your CMP Journey
FICP is a CMP Preferred Provider. What does that mean? At each FICP event, you have the opportunity to attend sessions that are pre-approved by the Events Industry Council for CMP credit. We are committed to delivering education that helps you earn or maintain the CMP certification.
Designations Resource Bundle
This toolkit, available to FICP members on TheNetwork, provides comprehensive information on industry certifications and certificates, including CMP.
Preparing for the CMP is time consuming and challenging, but you don't have to do it alone! This community on TheNetwork is a support system for you to share thoughts, questions and best practices with your peers.
How to Claim CE after an FICP Event
IMPORTANT: You must register for FICP events using the same email address that is associated with your Events Industry Council CMP Account to trigger the automatic process.
- FICP will load your event attendance into your online CMP portal. Please note, the individual sessions you attended will NOT automatically be captured.
- Once you receive email confirmation that your attendance has been recorded, log into your CMP account and “edit” the event* in your portal to record the total number of hours you spent in educational sessions.
*If your CMP profile does not include an event you attended, please contact the Events Industry Council.
How to Track your CMP Sessions
FICP provides session agendas and receipts for each event to track which pre-approved CMP sessions you attended. You may upload these resources as supporting documentation in your CMP account.
Download agendas to gauge what CMP sessions FICP has hosted in the past. Visit TheNetwork for archived years.
FICP has been approved by the Events Industry Council (EIC) as a Preferred Provider of the below-listed continuing education courses, which qualify for CMP continuing education credit. Determination of continuing education credit eligibility or Preferred Provider status does not imply EIC’s endorsement or assessment of education quality.
How do I create a CMP account with Events Industry Council?
Click on the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of http://www.eventscouncil.org, then click on “Get Started” and follow the prompts.
What can I do within my CMP account?
- Track your continuing education activities as you completed them.
- Upload supporting documentation (e.g., event session descriptions and registration information, resume, transcripts).
- Submit your completed application, pay your exam fee and schedule your exam.
Do you have any tips for applying for the CMP designation?
- Start by reviewing the CMP International Standards and CMP Handbook. Then, focus your study program on the domains in which you have the least experience.
- Check out the CMP Update held at FICP’s 2016 Annual Conference (login required).
- Consider joining or starting a study group. Connect with other FICP members through TheNetwork. (login required)
FAQs on CMP Program
Does a CMP Help Get You Hired?