How are you doing?
Our jobs have become increasingly more stressful in the past few years and sometimes self-care and wellness practices fall to the wayside. Practicing self-care has been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy and more.
This Mental Health Awareness Month, we've curated FICP resources to help you take care of yourself and, in turn, be a better leader and event professional.
- Work is Not a Four-Letter Word (2022): Gain acceptance with the ways your career looks different lately and grow a new relationship with work.
- Focus on Wellness (2020): This edition of Education Essentials focused on both personal and professional wellness, with tips and resources to help you lessen the effects of stress, stay mindful, and more.
- Reflecting on Wellness (2019): In this edition of Education Essentials, we arm you with strategies for being your best, suggestions of incorporating wellness into your next meeting, and tips to maintain your own health along the way.
- Idea Exchange Notes on Wellness (2016): A compliation of tips and tricks from your fellow FICP peers on onsite wellness opportunities, including but not limited to, low cost activities, F&B suggestions, and wellness-focused gift ideas.
- Incorporating Healthy Habits Into Your Meetings (2014): Reflect on these quick tips for securing senior management buy-in and abiding by beverage, food, and activity guidelines.
- Be Yourself, Only Better (2014): From good fats and carbs to proteins and beverages, this resource is packed with helpful tips for protecting your health!
- Brain Fitness (2014): Learn what stress does to your brain and how “brain fitness” can build up your cognitive reserve!
- Are You Taking Care of Yourself? (2020): During the Covid-19 stay-at-home orders, FICP President Jen Squeglia, CMP brought the FICP community together to discuss the emotional strain and share self-care tips.
- The Oldest Secrets to Health, Success, and Happiness (2020): Listen in as Dave Romanelli weighs in on relationships, longevity, health, happiness, work-life balance, bouncing back from hard times, and the true meaning of “accomplishment."
- The Science of Sleep (2019): Learn how sleep and quality of sleep affects every aspect of your waking life — from your appetite, body weight and mood to your productivity and memory. Walk away with practical, easy-to-implement solutions to get back on track!
- Mindfulness for Meetings Professionals (2018): A good reminder to “center” yourself when running around onsite!