Refer. Repeat. Reward.
Your affiliation with FICP is important to you. But is it important enough to share? We think so. In an effort to empower YOU to share the value FICP has brought to your career, we’re proud to introduce the FICP Referral Program (formerly known as the recruitment contest).
The 2021 FICP Referral Program is taking place September 2, 2020 – November 1, 2021.
What's In It For You?
Both meetings professionals and hospitality partners are eligible to participate in the new Referral Program. The top-referring participants will be recognized in a variety of ways, including onsite recognition at events and guaranteed attendance at the Annual Conference.
How Does it Work?
Hospitality Partners & Meetings Professionals
- A new member must list the referring individual’s name on their membership application for the referrer to receive point(s).
- Referrers will be awarded referral points by:
- Referring a new meetings professional member from a company that is currently represented in the FICP membership: 1 point
- Referring a new meetings professional member from a company that is not currently represented in the FICP membership: 5 points
- If a referred meetings professional member who joined in 2020 renews his or her membership in 2021, the referrer receives 2 points*
- If a new meetings professional member is referred by more than one individual, the eligible points are divided among the referrers.
- A new company is defined as “a company that has not held any FICP meetings professional membership within the last 12 months.”
*Members who join after July 1, 2021, are not eligible for these additional points, as their membership is automatically extended through 2022.
- The five hospitality partners with the most referral points at the conclusion of the Referral Program will receive:
- One entry to the 2021 Annual Conference or the 2022 FICP event of his or her choice. The entry fee is the responsibility of the hospitality partner.
- Recognition on the walk-in and walk-out slides and general session acknowledgement at the 2021 Annual Conference.
- In addition, the hospitality partner with the single most referral points at the conclusion of the Referral Program will receive:
- Recognition in FICP’s bi-monthly newsletter, NewsNet.
- An invitation to the 2021 Chair’s Reception at the 2021 Annual Conference.
- The five meetings professionals with the most referral points at the conclusion of the Referral Program will receive:
- A complimentary membership for the 2022 calendar year.
- In addition, the meetings professional with the single-most referral points at the conclusion of the Referral Program will receive:
- Free registration to the 2021 Annual Conference or the 2022 FICP event of his or her choice.
- Invitation to the Chair Reception at the 2021 Annual Conference.
Tips for Recruiting and Referring
Start reaching out to your network to share the benefits of FICP membership. Need tips on how to spread the word? Here are some ideas:
- Send an email invitation to your network
- Share the benefits of membership with your peers
- Add a link to the FICP website to your emails
- Share NewsNet with a potential member
- Post or re-share FICP announcements on your social media channels
- Utilize this PowerPoint slide
- Take a meetings professional friend for coffee to talk about FICP
- Consider inviting non-member meetings professionals to attend an FICP Symposium
Questions regarding the Referral Program? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a new member joined after July 1, 2020, he or she received 18-month membership and was automatically renewed for 2021. Therefore, the referrer is not eligible to receive additional points.
- Referral Program winners will be announced in September 2021. Quarterly updates will be posted to TheNetwork.
- Referrals under the corporate flat-rate membership program are not eligible.
- Any new financial and/or insurance meetings professional individual referred after September 1, 2021, will count toward the 2022 Referral Program, which is subject to change annually.
- Recruitment efforts must be accomplished by the referring individual. Referring on someone else’s behalf, enlisting FICP staff or asking other hospitality partners or meetings professionals to assist in the recruiting while utilizing your name is prohibited.
- The referral prize is not transferable to other individuals within the company, anyone at another company or a representative of the company.
- New meetings professional members who do not indicate a referring party when submitting their application will not be considered.
- The purpose of the Referral Program is to build a strong FICP membership base. Hospitality partners and meetings professionals may not pay for another meetings professional members’ dues, as experience has shown they are unlikely to engage in the community. Additionally, this is inconsistent with FICP’s ethical guidelines.
- TheNetwork online member community directory will be used as the official record for member companies. Companies can be searched within the current member list, and past member companies are listed.