The 2019 membership recruitment program takes place November 12, 2018 - August 31, 2019.
A meetings professional who recruits a meetings professional from a new qualified financial and/or insurance company* who joins FICP by 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, August 30, 2019, will receive one complimentary registration to the 2019 FICP event of his or her choice or a complimentary 2020 membership fee.
A hospitality partner who recruits a meetings professional member from a new qualified financial and/or insurance company* who joins FICP by 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, August 30, 2019, will receive one guaranteed entrance spot to one of the following 2019 FICP events at the entry-level fee for that particular event.
- Fall Symposium - Patron Entry $1,750
- Canadian Seminar - Patron Entry $1,500
- Education Forum - Bronze Sponsor $4,010
- Annual Conference - Patron Entry $5,225
- Strategic Leaders Event - EXCLUDED
*A new financial and/or insurance meetings professional member company is defined as an eligible company that has not held any FICP meetings professional membership within the last 12 months.
- Any new financial and/or insurance meetings professional company recruited after August 30, 2019 will count toward the 2020 Recruitment Program, which is subject to change annually. Subsequent companies recruited during the contest period will be acknowledged by FICP, but no additional prizes will be awarded to an individual during this period.
- The first meetings professional application received from a company will count as the new company for the recruiter. Subsequent meetings professionals from the same financial and/or insurance company will not be counted as a new company referral and will not receive credit under the program.
- Recruitment efforts must be accomplished by the referring individual. Referring on someone else’s behalf, enlisting FICP staff or asking other hospitality partners or meetings professionals to assist in the recruiting while utilizing your name is prohibited.
- The recruitment prize is not transferable to other individuals within the company, anyone at another company or a representative of the company.
- New meetings professional members who do not indicate a referring party when submitting their application will not be considered recruited.
- Once eligible through the Recruitment Program, FICP must be notified of the individual's event preference. Note: event entry is based on capacity at the time that the registration request is received. We cannot guarantee entrance into any particular event. Below you will find the deadline that FICP must be notified by for each event.
- Annual Conference - August 16
- Education Forum - May 3
- Canadian Seminar - July 10
- Fall Symposium - August 30
- The purpose of this recruiting effort is to build a strong FICP membership base. Hospitality partners and meetings professionals may not pay for another meetings professional members’ dues, as experience has shown they are unlikely to engage in the community. Additionally, this is inconsistent with FICP’s ethical guidelines.
- TheNetwork online member community directory will be used as the official record for member companies. Companies can be searched within the current member list, and past member companies are listed for those member companies that are ineligible under the previous 12 month rule. The meetings professional’s application must be accepted by FICP in order to qualify for the recruitment program prize.
Tips for Recruitment
Start reaching out to your network to share the benefits of FICP membership. Need tips on how to spread the word? Here are some ideas:
Send an email invitation to your network
- Share the benefits of membership with your peers
- Add a link to the FICP website to your emails
- Share NewsNet with a potential member
- Post tweets and other announcements on your social media channels
- Take a meetings professional friend for coffee to talk about your membership
Questions regarding the recruitment program? Please contact email@example.com.