Like you, FICP’s Board of Directors has been closely watching how 2021 is unfolding and attempting to predict how quickly we’ll get back to that “normal” we are all so eager to see again.
Based on the continued realities of the pandemic, it has become clear that we will be unable to proceed with an in-person event and need to adjust our 2021 plans. Because FICP has been forced to cancel the 2021 Education Forum, we will host, as an alternative, a virtual Education Week that enables full member participation while providing the same education and networking opportunities you value from FICP.
As the industry recovers, it is our intent to host in-person regional meetings, perhaps in late summer and early fall 2021, with a continued focus on geographic areas where groups of our members can safely and easily come together. In order to facilitate these regional gatherings, we are cancelling the 2021 Fall Symposium.
As you can imagine, these are agonizing circumstances, and we know you share in our frustration that recovery isn’t happening as quickly as we’d like, and the safety and well-being of our members, hospitality partners and the association remains our top consideration.
Currently, we have every reason to believe the 2021 Annual Conference will be the place where our community can converge – in-person – and effort will be made to do so in the safest way possible. We are eagerly awaiting the chance to see you there!
Below is our updated 2021 event line-up:
- Twelve webinars on the topics you need to learn the most about, right now
- Six FICP Chats throughout 2021 facilitated by Jennifer Squeglia, CMP
- A new CMP Cohort with online discussion and virtual meetings to help you prepare for the Certified Meetings Professional (CMP) certification exam
- New Strategic Leaders Exchanges for virtual networking sessions and discussions for tenured leaders seeking to navigate these challenging times
- A new Canadian Shared Interest Group (SIG) where meetings professionals in Canada can come together to discuss challenges and opportunities unique to their environment
- The Event Disruptions Shared Interest Group (SIG) where members can discuss risk management, contracting, event security and more
- Education Week 2.0, June 21-25, 2021, with a blend of engaging learning and networking activities
- Regional meetings in late summer/early fall 2021 in the areas with high member concentrations and ability to travel (dates and locations to be announced)
- The 2021 FICP Annual Conference, November 14-17 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Arizona
- The Strategic Leaders event in December 2021 (dates and location to be announced)
Please be on the lookout for additional details on each of these activities.
We have been bringing our community together at least once each month to share ideas, emerging trends and lessons learned for almost a year now. Hundreds of members and hospitality partners join each of those discussions and we will continue with these engaging and successful activities.
We’re also seeing record-breaking participation within TheNetwork, where you’re able to continue discussions, share resources and access new content on-demand. Through these opportunities as well as FICP anytime, FICP will continue to provide the support, education and relationships that will help you navigate through the year ahead.
If you would like to learn more about opportunities to sponsor these virtual and in-person events, please reach out to Steve Bova or Erica Pohl to discuss sponsorship options.
For additional details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 FICP Board of Directors