FICP Anytime | Webinars | Podcasts | Speaker Showcase | Education Week | Resource Bundles | SIGs
Upcoming Webinars and Chats
Join Jen Squeglia, CMP, FICP Board Member, as she brings together our Meetings Professionals members and Hospitality Partners to moderate a discussion about the future of meetings.
During this discussion, we will be focusing on technology, virtual events and their role in our industry over the past year. We’ll also discuss hybrid events and how virtual/hybrid events will be positioned as part of our overall event strategies complementing in-person events moving forward.
- What are our virtual event best practices?
- What virtual platforms/technologies are you using and for what type of events?
- What have you seen from an engagement and networking perspective that is new and different?
- How do you see virtual events remaining as part of your event strategy moving forward?
- Is hybrid a consideration to facilitate social distancing and/or to accommodate attendees who are not yet comfortable travelling?
- Budgeting and Communication Best Practices for virtual, hybrid and in-person
- How our hospitality partners support:
- Virtual Site visits / planning visits - share tips on how to do this successfully
- In-house AV teams offering equipment / robust internet connectivity for hybrid meetings
- DMCs / production companies and their amazing support of virtual events, inclusive of gifting logistics and ideas
- Keynote speakers and Entertainment presenting virtually – several have made an amazing pivot and reaching a larger audience!
Register on TheNetwork
So 2021 looks a bit different, eh? As we move forward with our events, staff & budgets may be leaner but the need for moving forward with the technology that supports your events and constituents remains integral. Your skill set in this new normal demands an even better understanding of the tech tools that can get the work done. From easily creating apps for your events and management to automating workflows, from voice interfaces to developing mixed reality, this session shows that the tools to create exceptional tech functionality reside in your hands, and within your budget.
After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to:
- Identify and use over 5 high tech tools that can be created and implemented at little to no cost
- Create an organization or conference app at no expense
- Understand the meaning and implications of the low-code/no-code tech movement for most businesses
- Identify 5 online meeting tips to enhance your organization’s virtual communications and security
About the Speaker
James Spellos is the President of Meeting U. whose mission is to help people become more productive and comfortable with technology.
In 2015, Jim was named one of the Meeting Industry’s trendsetters by Meetings Today magazine. He was a faculty member at New York University for 25 years receiving both their Award for Teaching Excellence and their Outstanding Service Award.
Jim is on the Board of Directors for Rock and Wrap It Up, an anti-poverty, anti-hunger organization which recovers excess food from events. Jim co-created their Whole Earth Calculator app. He also speaks about food recovery and sustainability in the industry. In 2018 & 2019, BizBash named Jim one of their top 500 people in events for his work in sustainability. Jim is an accomplished musician and songwriter who released his first solo album, Stroke of Genius in 2020. He also has a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutritional Studies, and supports Plant Powered Metro New York in educating people about a healthy lifestyle.
Register on TheNetwork
Missed a webinar? These recordings are available on-demand in TheNetwork. Click the name of the webinar to learn more.
Show and Tell: In-Person, Hybrid and Virtual Events During a Pandemic
FICP Chat: The Future of Meetings, 2021
How to Have Difficult Conversations
All Eyes on Contracting: Force Majeure, Cancellations and More! (Follow Up)
Health Security and Hospitality 2.0
FICP Chat: Engagement Strategies for Your Team and Your Attendees
FICP Chat: The Future of Meetings: Hybrid Meetings: The Bridge to Bringing Back In Person Meetings
FICP Chat: The Future of Meetings - Your Career During COVID
You Are Not Alone When it Comes to Planning
The Strategy Behind Pivoting to Virtual
FICP Chat: Going Virtual Part 2
Peace of Mind for You and Your Attendees
FICP Chat: The Future of Meetings - Sustainability
Health Security & Hospitality
Are You Taking Care of Yourself?
FICP Chat: Booking Group Business in the Future: The RFPs, Proposals and Negotiations Before Going to Contract
Chain of Communication: Bridging Confidence and the Future of Meetings