Individual Membership Rates
- Calendar Year: $295 USD (January 1 – December 31)
- 18-Month Membership: $440 USD (July 1 – December 31 of the following year)*
Be sure to submit your payment and FICP will review all applications for approval. In the event your application is not approved, a refund will be issued.
*18-Month Membership is available to new members only.
Membership Eligibility - Individuals
FICP membership is available to individual meetings professionals who are employed by an insurance or financial services firm as described below.
Please note: The membership definitions were modernized and clarified in 2019 by a board-appointed task force. These definitions apply for all those seeking to join FICP or renew membership for 2020 and future years.
Insurance Company: An organization that manufactures, distributes or manages insurance or other indemnity products that include:
- Insurance brokerages
- Property and casualty insurance
- Health and medical insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Reinsurance [and administration]
- Independent marketing organizations
- Risk management consulting
- Underwriting variable, deferred or fixed rate deferred annuities
- Underwriting individual whole life, group life, term or universal life policies
Financial Company: An organization or subsidiary primarily engaged in, or facilitating, financial transactions or money management, and encompass raising funds by taking deposits, issuing securities or incurring liabilities. These companies may include:
- Accounting firms
- Banks, including national and state commercial & investment banks, savings banks and credit unions
- Brokerage firms
- Credit card issuers
- Financial advisor firms
- Investment advisors
- Loan and mortgage brokerages
- Mutual fund firms
- Portfolio management
- Sales financing
- Wealth & asset management firms
Financial and Insurance Meetings Professional: A professional employed by a financial/insurance company in a meeting, conference, event planning and/or marketing function.
The employee’s role may be defined as either:
- Core – primarily involved in the coordination, planning or oversight of meetings, conferences or events; or
- Non-Core – directly supervises or provides support to individuals whose core function is coordination, planning or oversight of meetings, conferences or events
The employee’s financial/insurance company must meet the category definition above for:
Association Meetings Professional: Professionals employed in a meeting, conference and/or event planning capacity for related associations are eligible for membership in FICP. The association must be a bona fide 501 (c) tax-exempt organization that represents or services the financial and insurance industry per the category definition for:
Independent Meetings Professional: An independent meetings professional who works for himself/herself and is under annual or continuous contract to perform meeting planning functions with an eligible financial/insurance company or related association.
An independent meetings professional must submit a letter (on company letterhead) or email (from a company domain), signed by or from an authorized company representative, that documents the individual is under annual or continuous contract in a meeting, conference and/or event planning capacity for that company and is authorized to represent that company as an FICP member. The individual may represent only that company under his/her independent contractor membership (e.g., name badge, attendee list, Member Directory).
An independent meetings professional serving multiple financial and/or insurance companies must identify the primary company served and submit said letter or email from that company. The individual may represent only that company under his/her independent contractor membership (e.g., name badge, attendee list, Member Directory).
Any outsourced agent or subcontractor of an independent meetings professional must meet the same membership eligibility criteria as the independent contractor. Independent contractors are prohibited from soliciting business from FICP meetings professional members.
Meeting professionals who work for third-party planning companies are not eligible to be FICP members.
Complete the Meetings Professional Member Application to be considered for FICP membership.
Membership Eligibility – Corporate Incentive Program
FICP offers a flat-rate, corporate incentive structure whereby the member firm pays $2,500 USD, which covers membership for up to 25 meetings professionals from the firm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll your team in the corporate incentive program.
In addition, FICP offers a discounted rate of $245 USD each, beginning with the 5th renewing meetings professional.
- The membership discount program applies to renewing meetings professional members only. All members must update their online profiles during the renewal process. Any new members joining for the first time from a company must complete a new meetings professional application and pay the standard membership rate.
- All members receiving the discount must work for the same company (same company name); employees of affiliate companies must apply under separate organizations and have five affiliate company members to qualify.
- Discounts do apply to companies with meetings professionals in multiple offices and/or locations (as long as the company name is the same across offices and/or locations).
A permanently retired individual that has been an FICP member in good standing for at least 10 consecutive years, or contributed to the association in a meaningful way. Honorary Members are reviewed annually; new members are identified and invited by the Board of Directors following a majority vote. They do not pay membership dues, however must pay the member rate for any association service or to attend an FICP event.
The Board may develop additional criteria when considering invitations to Honorary Members and shall have discretion to remove an Honorary Member at any time.
For more information, or if you have questions, please email email@example.com or call (312) 245-1023.