In-person events are roaring back, and, while there are challenges and opportunities, both meetings professionals and hospitality partners ultimately want the same thing: Highly successful events with happy and healthy attendees.
From inflation to supply chain issues to labor shortages, the challenges are real – and the travel and hospitality industries have been hit particularly hard. As pent up demand is causing a flood of event activity, it is even more critical that meetings professionals and hospitality partners continue to work together to smooth out the bumps and move forward as a community and an industry.
On April 21, the FICP community came together for a very special FICP Chats session: “Partnering Through the Comeback.” In this discussion, there were a number of important questions raised about the state of meetings and events as well as critical information and background shared about our current state and where we expect the industry to go.
In this report, FICP’s hospitality partner community shared talking points across six key questions to help meetings professionals educate themselves and their stakeholders as we steer through the next several months:
- Why are the hospitality and travel industries so impacted by labor shortages?
- Why is availability so tight?
- What is going on with ground transportation availability and costs?
- Why are prices dramatically increasing across the board?
- How can we streamline the RFP process?
- Why isn’t my hospitality partner responding?
Download the Free Report
Thank you to all who participated in the FICP Chats session, and a special thanks to the contributors to this report:
- Dean Altvater, Global Sales Director, PRA
- Jason Cohen, 2022 Chair, FICP Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee; Director of Global Accounts, Accor
- Clarence Day, CMP, CIS, Director of Group Sales, SLS Baha Mar
- Meghan McSkimming, Member, FICP Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee; Executive Manager of National Accounts, MC&A
- Jennifer Squeglia, CMP, 2022 Chair, FICP Board of Directors; Independent Contract, Boston Private
Miss the live FICP Chats session? FICP members and hospitality partners are welcome to view the recording on TheNetwork.