Did You Know?
May is National Barbecue Month! In a recent consumer survey conducted by the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) titled, "State of the Barbecue Industry," they found that the top reason for grilling is flavor, followed by lifestyle. Seven in 10 U.S. adults own a grill or smoker, and the most popular grilling days include Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. Read more facts about grilling, and fire up the grill and get cookin' this season!
5 Things to Know in May
Don't miss these upcoming FICP events.
The May digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Join meetings professionals and hospitality partners in Savannah, Georgia, for the 2019 FICP Fall Symposium. Learn more.
Registration is now open for the 2019 FICP Canadian Seminar. Learn more.
From Social: The Show Must Go On! Learn more.
Join Us at the Education Forum
The 2019 FICP Education Forum is fast approaching. Still on the fence? Attendees of this year's event will have the chance to participate in a CSR activity benefiting a local children's hospital, experience local cuisine in authentic southern venues and discover the hidden charm of Birmingham. Register now.
Symposium in Savannah
Meetings professional registration for the 2019 FICP Fall Symposium is now open! Secure your spot to join meetings professionals and hospitality partners in Savannah, Georgia, September 18-20. You will experience two days of education, networking and Southern Hospitality at the Andaz Savannah.
Register for Canadian Seminar
Canadian meetings professionals are invited to join FICP for a full day of education focused on trends and challenges unique to the Canadian meetings and events industry, as well as peer and hospitality partner networking opportunities. Meetings professional registration is now open for the 2019 FICP Canadian Seminar. Hospitality partners interested in attending should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tune in to the next FICP Anytime webinar to gain control over the chaos of your email inbox! May 22, Organized Audrey will share fresh tips and tricks for meetings professionals to customize their Microsoft Outlook inbox and use tools to work more productively. Save your spot for Microsoft Outlook for the Meetings Professional: It’s Not the Same Old, Same Old, May 22 at 1:00 p.m. CDT. Become a master of the entire Microsoft Office suite by attending these upcoming webinars as well:
Critical Excel Tools for the Meetings Professional
June 25, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CDT
How to Avoid “Death by PowerPoint” – Microsoft PowerPoint for the Meetings Professional
July 16, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CDT
And catch up on what you missed by watching the recording of last month’s webinar: It’s App-Tastic: 60 Apps in 60 Minutes.
Join the Silent Auction Sub-Committee
Interested in helping FICP make an impact on the local Austin community this fall? Join the Silent Auction sub-committee, and help seek donations and promote the auction. Submit an application in TheNetwork to get involved.
FICP Member of the Month: Meet Jen Squeglia, CMP
Jen Squeglia sits on the FICP Board of Directors and is the chair of the Influence Committee. Last year, she facilitated the first ever Strategic Leaders Event. Her career started in the hospitality industry over 30 years ago, specializing in operations, catering and conference services before transitioning to a corporate meeting professional in 1999.
Can you sum up the value of FICP membership to you in one sentence?
Thanks to the impactful and continuous networking and education opportunities, I am a better and smarter events professional as a member of FICP. Read more.
What You May Have Missed in TheNetwork
Here are some recent discussion threads you may have missed this month in TheNetwork:
Strategic Partner Profiles
Dawn Barbeau, VP of Global Sales, Global DMC Partners
"The FICP Strategic Partnership is valuable to me because it gives me the opportunity to connect with meetings professionals and learn about what’s most important to them and their specific needs within the financial and insurance industries. Everything moves so rapidly in today’s world, so needs are constantly evolving and changing. Therefore, getting a chance to understand what financial and insurance meetings professionals are looking for is key so we can then educate our DMC Partners around the world to ensure they are adapting as well."
What does it take to create a world-class meeting or event?
Ileana Castillo, Associate Vice President, Convention Sales, Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
"The FICP Strategic Partnership allows our CVB to reach out to the financial & insurance meetings professionals to showcase what Greater Miami and Beaches can offer their meetings."
Discover Greater Miami and Beaches for your next meeting.
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Madison Allen, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Roberta Blanco-Pador, John Hancock Financial Services
- Nicole Desko, OneGroup
- Linda Detanico, KPMG LLP
- Sheila Freeman, HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
- Danielle Goss, OneGroup
- Miranda Joslin, Northwestern Mutual
- Sarah Kemmer, John Hancock Financial Services
- Nancy Knight, Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- Madison Matthews, State Farm Insurance
- Diona Moore, The Capital Group
- Kylie Nelson, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Ashley Snedeker, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Sarah Vallely, John Hancock Financial Services
- Kim Chambless, The DeSoto
- Ricky Hawkins, The Alida Hotel
- Christopher Hendrix, Explore Charleston
- Christine Khanjian, YOTEL
- Kellie Linder, Visit Savannah
- Juliana Marchini, Gurney's Resorts
- Shannon Marquez, Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
- Johan Marzuki, MC&A
- Raquel Mijares, IVI DMC2
- Jennifer Moeggenberg, The Cloister & The Lodge at Sea Island
- Quentin Roberts, Visit Dana Point
- Sylvie Rothenberg, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Jose Sanches, VOQIN experiences & events
- Sachiko Soong, Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i
- Jennifer Stotz, Caesars Entertainment
- Cristian Tanase, JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
- Julie Tenge, CoralTree Hospitality
- Julie Van Noten, Marriott International
- Lee Vinciguerra, JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa
- Lance Wheeler, Choose Chicago
- Betty Wolowiec, Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
- Ben Powers, Halcyon
- Stephanie Yamamoto, Viceroy Hotel Group