The 2018 membership recruitment program takes place November 15, 2017 – August 31, 2018.
A meetings professional who recruits a meetings professional from a new qualified financial and/or insurance company* who joins FICP by 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, September 1, 2018, will receive one complimentary registration to the 2018 FICP event of his or her choice or a complimentary 2019 membership fee.
A hospitality partner who recruits a planner from a new qualified financial and/or insurance company* who joins FICP by 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, September 1, 2018, will receive one guaranteed entrance spot to one of the following 2018 FICP events at the entry-level fee for that particular event.
- Winter Symposia - Patron Entry $1,750
- Fall Symposia - Patron Entry $1,750
- Canadian Seminar - Patron Entry $1,750
- Education Forum - Bronze Sponsor $3,995
- Annual Conference - Patron Entry $5,200
- Seasoned Meeting Professional Event - EXCLUDED
*A new financial and/or insurance planner member company is defined as an eligible company that has not held any FICP planner membership within the last 12 months.
- Any new financial and/or insurance meetings professional company recruited after September 1, 2018 will count toward the 2019 Recruitment Program, which is subject to change annually. Subsequent companies recruited during the contest period will be acknowledged by FICP, but no additional prizes will be awarded to an individual during this period.
- The first meetings professional application received from a company will count as the new company for the recruiter. Subsequent meetings professionals from the same financial and/or insurance company will not be counted as a new company referral and will not receive credit under the program.
- Recruitment efforts must be accomplished by the referring individual. Referring on someone else’s behalf, enlisting FICP staff or asking other hospitality partners or meetings professionals to assist in the recruiting while utilizing your name is prohibited.
- The recruitment prize is not transferable to other individuals within the company, anyone at another company or a representative of the company.
- New meetings professional members who do not indicate a referring party when submitting their application will not be considered recruited.
- The purpose of this recruiting effort is to build a strong FICP membership base. Hospitality partners and meetings professionals may not pay for another meetings professional members’ dues, as experience has shown they are unlikely to engage in the community. Additionally, this is inconsistent with FICP’s ethical guidelines.
- TheNetwork online member community directory will be used as the official record for member companies. Companies can be searched within the current member list, and past member companies are listed for those member companies that are ineligible under the previous 12 month rule. The meetings professional’s application must be accepted by FICP in order to qualify for the recruitment program prize.
Tips for Recruitment
Start reaching out to your network to share the benefits of FICP membership. Need tips on how to spread the word? Here are some ideas:
- Send an email invitation to your network
- Share the benefits of membership with your peers
- Add a link to the FICP website to your emails
- Share NewsNet with a potential member
- Post tweets and other announcements on your social media channels
- Take a meetings professional friend for coffee to talk about your membership
Questions regarding the recruitment program? Please contact email@example.com