Managing Risk at Your Event: A Guide for Meeting Professionals and Hospitality Partners
The majority of meetings and events take place without incident – but it just takes one time for something to occur that you did not consider. That’s where being a prepared meeting or event professional, as well as partner, comes into play. One of the main challenges facing the meeting industry is that, unlike how the business travel industry addresses travel risk, the meeting industry does not have one set of duty of care standards for the meeting industry.
Meeting professionals want to integrate risk management into their events, but many times do not know where to start.
Both meeting professionals and hospitality partners will take away actionable ideas that are low to no cost to help them better prepare and respond to risk issues that keep meeting professionals up at night.
• Benchmarking your current meeting and event procedures against current best practices to prevent risk
• How to put together a meeting risk plan and checklists at little to no cost
• How and when to address meeting and event risk
• How to create security, emergency and crisis response plans and checklists
• Unique hotel, meeting and event location site inspection considerations
• Practical advice on safety, security and health issues that may impact meetings and events
• Where to turn to for meeting risk resources and training