Represented by: Speakers’ Spotlight
Our attention has never been as overwhelmed or in-demand as it is today. We are so busy, yet accomplishing so little, and we’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable with boredom and a lack of stimulation and distraction. Merging the latest scientific research with practical takeaways for focusing deeper, this talk will transform how you as a meeting professional can think about and manage your attention on a daily basis. Modeled after Chris’ latest book, Hyperfocus, this talk reveals how the brain switches between two mental modes: hyperfocus, our deep concentration mode, and scatterfocus, our creative, reflective mode. It explains why a combination of both mental modes is the best path to being our most creative and efficient selves at work.
This talk will leave you with practical, counterintuitive takeaways, including:
- How working fewer hours can increase your productivity
- How to tame distractions, especially while on the road
- How you can drink caffeine strategically instead of habitually to gain more energy
- How to work with intention whether in the office or remote
- How you can get more done by making your work harder, not easier
- How you can take advantage of your tired periods to do your best creative work
Chris Bailey has been called "the most productive man you'd ever hope to meet" and a "productivity mastermind. Chris’ approach is unique; he believes there is no one-size-fits-all solution to becoming more productive. Instead, he has spent the last decade experimenting with every productivity tactic under the sun, separating what works from what doesn't. That experimentation ran the gambit from curious to ridiculous, and saw him living in total isolation for 10 days, using his smartphone for only an hour a day, working 90-hour weeks, and much more. Using what he found during these productivity experiments, Chris offers useful tidbits on how we can apply this advice to our daily lives in order to accomplish more.