FICP Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are at the heart of FICP. We invite planner members and hospitality partners every year to assist the association by serving as volunteers in various leadership capacities:
- Membership Committee
- Education Committee
- Event Task Forces
- Project-based Task Forces
- Call for Speakers
Volunteers must be active members or hospitality partners in good standing. With limited spaces available, volunteers will be notified when an opportunity that matches their interest area becomes available.
Appointments can occur at different times throughout the year and on an as-needed basis by the Board of Directors through the recommendation of the Committee/Event/Project Chair. While FICP task forces are tied to specific events and projects, FICP committees operate on a calendar year basis. Committee terms are usually for one or two years, and are renewable. Most volunteers meet throughout the year via teleconference and do not require business travel; however all volunteers are expected to be engaged members who frequently attend FICP events.
To volunteer with FICP, you must complete the FICP “Call for Volunteers” form.
Volunteers play an active role in FICP:
- Provide continuity of thinking
- Bring together a cross-section of industry knowledge and experience
- Help the association to achieve its goals
- Commit to participate actively in all scheduled meetings and conference calls
- Dedication to furthering FICP's goals and objectives
- Have a willingness to learn from others
- Exude a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
- Understand the role of committees within FICP's structure
- Possess knowledge relevant to the purpose of the volunteer opportunity