MOBILE APP HOW-TO GUIDE
The 2018 FICP Education Forum app is the easiest way to stay in-the-know and to connect with fellow attendees in Vancouver.
How to Download
- Registered attendees will receive an email invitation to download the mobile app. Follow the link within the email to set up your profile and get started, or access the desktop portal here.
- You may also access the app by searching for “FICP” in your provider’s app store and downloading.
- Once downloaded, select 2018 FICP Education Forum under Conferences and log in using the email you used to register for the event and password ficp18.
NEW Feature – Recommended Connections
The app offers a new Recommended Connections feature for Education Forum attendees. This feature will help to connect you with fellow attendees who share similar or complementary business interests and goals. Follow the steps outlined below to optimize your in-app profile:
- When completing your profile, be sure to select the interest tags that apply to you. There are four interest tags to complete, and they include things like: Types of Meetings Held/Hosted; Services Sourced/Services Offered; and more.
- After completing your profile, select the Attendee tab within the mobile app or desktop version.
- When you see the recommended icon (resembles a horizontal 8), that indicated an attendee shares at least one of your interests.
- Use the Recommended Connections feature to request a meeting with, or send a message to, a fellow attendee.
- To request a meeting or message an attendee, navigate to the Attendees tab.
- Next, identify the attendee you would like to contact, and then click the clipboard icon to request a meeting, or the email icon to send a message.
- You can view your meeting schedule in the My Schedule tab.
What Else Should You Know?
Build Your Own Agenda
Upon registering for the 2018 FICP Education Forum, you had a chance to select the breakout sessions you plan to attend*. These sessions will be added your My Schedule tab within the app.
To view the full agenda, click the Agenda tab.
*Please note: Just because you selected a specific breakout session when registering, this does not mean you’re required to attend said session. FICP uses this information gathered during the registration process to plan for breakout session room sizes, etc.
Navigate the Attendee Tab, Request Meetings and Send Messages
Complete the following steps to request meetings with, or send messages to, fellow attendees:
- Click the Attendees tab within the mobile app or in the desktop portal.
- Use the search bar to search for a specific individual, filter by various criteria on the left-hand side of the tab, or browse the list for the Recommended Connection icon, indicating that you share at least one interest with an attendee.
- To request a meeting, click the clipboard icon next to the name of the person with whom you wish to meet. Be sure to specify a subject line, message and meeting location. Next, select the timeslot during which you wish to meet and click Request.
- To send a message, click the mail icon next to the name of the person whom you wish to message. Be sure to specify a subject line, complete your message and press Send.
Set Your Unavailable Meeting Times
Is there a specific time during the Education Forum you’re unable to accept meetings from fellow attendees? Not interested in meeting at all? Click the My Schedule tab and select “Set your unavailable times” to indicate to others when you are and are not available to meet.
Get Competitive with the Mobile App Game: Battle to Brilliance
Compete with fellow attendees for points and prizes in the mobile app game. Click the Game tab within the app for information on how to earn points.
Questions? Contact CommunityManager@ficpnet.com.