Did You Know?
Each year, we celebrate Earth Day on April 22, the anniversary of the modern environmental movement in 1970. The idea for this national day came from Gaylord Nelson, then U.S. Senator from Wisconsin, after the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara, California. Following this event, he thought that if he could channel the energy of the student anti-war movement into awareness of air and water pollution, then the call to protect the environment would fall into the nation's political agenda. Read more about the history of Earth Day here, and learn how you can celebrate Earth Day here.
5 Things to Know in April
Plan your year with these upcoming FICP events.
The April digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Check out the stunning Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa at the 2019 FICP Education Forum. Learn more.
Download the latest Pulse Survey, featuring data on trends impacting both meetings professionals and our hospitality partners from Q4 2018. Learn more.
From Social: Inside Crump's "Secret" Event Success. Learn more.
Prepare to be Wowed
The 2019 FICP Education Forum is taking place at the stunning Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. Reminiscent of a Scottish castle, the property boasts all of the amenities you would expect and then some. This is your chance to site a resort location you might not otherwise have visited. Coupled with the renowned education and networking FICP is known for, your attendance is a no-brainer! Register now.
Partner in Canada
Patron entry participation opportunities for the 2019 FICP Canadian Seminar are available. Learn and connect with Canadian meetings professionals August 12 at The St. Regis Toronto for this full day of education focused on trends and challenges unique to the Canadian meetings and events industry. View opportunity details and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New Webinar Alert
Your smartphone is full of apps – but do you have the most useful meetings industry and business apps? Tune in to this FICP members and hospitality partners-only webinar presented by James Spellos, President of Meeting U, for It’s App-Tastic: 60 Apps in 60 Minutes. He’ll show you mobile solutions for site inspection, registration and event management as well as productivity and organization. Log in to TheNetwork to register.
Doing More with Less: Q4 2018 Pulse Survey Results
FICP is excited to release its latest Pulse Survey report, featuring data on trends impacting both meetings professionals and our hospitality partners from Q4 2018.
Meetings Professionals Doing More with Less
- The number of meetings being planned continued to increase for the majority of respondents (53%).
- Twenty-four percent of meetings professionals noted the size of meetings is decreasing, an increase over the previous quarters.
Positive Indicators for Hospitality Partners
- Sixty percent of hospitality partners expected business to increase in the first half of 2019.
- Partners noted that buyers should be aware of increasing food and beverage costs and room rates, with 66% and 74% citing those responses, respectively.
Download the new Pulse Survey report for complete findings from Q4 2018.
What You May Have Missed in TheNetwork
Here are some recent discussion threads you may have missed this month in TheNetwork:
Strategic Partner Profiles
David Manzella, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Fiesta Americana
"Today’s competitive market is ever changing and by aligning as a Strategic Partner with FICP, Fiesta Americana Grand Meetings Mexico has forged a partnership with a truly professional organization that has the influencers and decision-makers that get things accomplished in our industry. In addition, as Fiesta American Hotels & Resorts continues to evolve and expand our hotel footprint, it is ideal we have the opportunity to communicate all this excitement with our esteemed FICP partners, while striving in today’s competitive market. "
Fiesta Americana Grand Meetings Mexico is pleased to introduce our latest property, Live Aqua Urban Resort San Miguel De Allende… Now Open!
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Michael Benjamin, State Farm Insurance
- Jeannette Blair, State Farm Insurance
- Rochelle Carey, Ameriprise Financial
- Laura Carmody, Wells Fargo
- Celeste Chung, Pacific Life
- Jeffrey Everett, MetLife
- Katie Frazier, Wells Fargo
- Kalisha Gaines, AIG
- Haley Gaughan, John Hancock Financial Services
- Tracie Gilman, Cambridge Associates
- Kelly Gunderman, Wells Fargo
- Kara Keirsey, Wells Fargo
- Swati Khanna, State Farm Insurance
- David Marcotte, EY
- Penny Moden, Wells Fargo
- Erica Niewoehner, Wells Fargo
- Clare O'Sullivan Dean, Wells Fargo
- Karla Rose, Wells Fargo
- Sandy Soares, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Sissy Spain, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Kristen Stehlik, KPMG LLP
- Hillary Sutton, Antares Capital
- Jennifer Terrell, MetLife
- Jim Vance, State Farm Insurance
- Dan Vaughn, State Farm Insurance
- Morgan Wallace, Wells Fargo
- Heloise Deparisse, JW Marriott Cannes
- Michael DiFrancesco, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Mark Douglass, Disney Destinations
- Eric Enriquez, Montage Deer Valley
- Ciara Gallagher, Failte Ireland
- Stephen Garnett, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Devin Gleason, Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
- Holly Goulet, American Program Bureau
- Raymond Griffin, Belmond Charleston Place
- Megan Hostetter, Caesars Entertainment
- Autumn Johnson, PRA Austin
- Emily Kratt, INNOVATX Events
- Rachel Levy, London Convention Bureau
- Beth Lukens, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
- Beverly Merrill, High Peaks Resort
- Monique Messier, Discover Central Massachusetts
- Amanda Nevil, JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
- Rachel Paisley, Red Velvet Events
- Ben Powers, Halcyon
- Ashley Sarpong, Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown
- Jane Scaletta, Dolfin Destinations
- Cassaundra Williams, Kimpton Solamar Hotel