Did You Know?
Every year, more than 141 million Americans buy Halloween candy for expectant trick-or-treaters; that's almost half of the U.S. population! The tradition of handing out candy to costumed children began in the 1930s and early 1940s. At the start, trick-or-treaters were given homemade cookies, cake, nuts, coins, fruit and toys. In the 1950s, candy manufacturers saw this as an opportunity and began to promote their products for Halloween. It wasn't until the 1970s that factory-made candy was viewed as the only acceptable treat to hand out. Read more about the history of Halloween candy and check out these fun facts. Find out which candy was most popular the year you were born here.
5 Things to Know in October
Check out this interactive calendar for an overview of upcoming events.
The October digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Meet this year's Silent Auction beneficiaries and place your bid today.
Give back to the Orlando community at the FICP Annual Conference. Register today.
From Social: By popular demand, the Speaker Showcase is back! Learn more.
Meet This Year's Silent Auction Beneficiaries and Bid Now!
United Against Poverty, Orlando Health – Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida have been selected to receive proceeds from FICP’s 17th Annual Silent Auction. Book your dream vacation while supporting these local Orlando organizations. Items up for grabs include a four-night stay in Switzerland, four tickets to see the Red Sox vs. Yankees and 10 golf packages! Visit the auction website to bid now.
Don’t forget – all FICP meetings professional members and hospitality partners are eligible to bid, even if you're not able to attend the Annual Conference. It’s also not too late to showcase your property or company by donating today.
Give Back at the FICP Annual Conference
At this year's FICP Annual Conference, we're giving you more opportunities to give back to the community. Participate in a CSR networking activity that will also benefit the three Orlando-based Silent Auction beneficiaries. Randomly assigned teams of meetings professionals and hospitality partners will compete in a variety of activities to win toys and prizes that will be donated to the local community.
Learn more about all three new networking opportunities in this three-part video series and register today to participate.
2019 Board of Directors Candidates
FICP is pleased to present the following candidates for election to the 2019 Board of Directors: Meredith Brewer, New York Life Insurance; Laura Rodrigues, CMP, CMM, RBC Insurance; and Jennifer Squeglia, CMP, Boston Private. FICP will officially present the slate of candidates for approval at the Annual Business Meeting on November 5.
Welcome New HPAC Members
FICP is pleased to present David Riederman, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, as the 2019 Chair of the Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee (HPAC). We'd like to thank Martin Johnston, Montage International, and Michael Dominguez, MGM Resorts International, for their committed service. In addition, the following hospitality partners will serve three-year terms on the HPAC beginning January 1, 2019: Lori James-Brownell, AZA Events, Inc., and Lisa Ray, The Resort at Pelican Hill.
Strategic Partner Profiles
Joe Fijol, DMCP, Partner, 360 Destination Group
"FICP, as an organization, allows 360DG to focus on two major segments of the economy with a very similar mind set. The professionals and leadership teams of the members associated with FICP have similar buying patterns, personalities and goals when it comes to partnership and experience expectations for their hospitality programs."
Shari Wallack, President, Buy The Sea
"Buy The Sea’s 18-year relationship with FICP has been our most valuable and successful industry partnership. Our greatest joy comes from introducing conference professionals to cruising and helping them realize their first (and subsequent) “at sea” experiences – second only to having them tell us that cruising produced their highest rated programs EVER. The live and interactive FICP events, coupled with year-long open-door communication makes for the perfect formula. FICP helped to put Buy The Sea on the map, and we are grateful for the loyalty and support the members have shown us. We thank you for SEA-ing how our partnership has added great value to your incentive programs."
Buy The Sea’s mission is to find you the right ship for your incentive programs. SEA your events differently and take the plunge to your best post survey results EVER! Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska, Baltic, Tahiti, Greek Isles and European Rivers. From 100 to over 5000 passengers – we have the best ships for your group and charter programs.
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Willie Benjamin, CUNA Mutual Group
- Carol Cardente, FM Global
- Heidi Carlisle, Aflac
- Nichole Fogarty, Sun Life Financial
- Audra Gilpin, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.
- Ryan Harris, Aflac
- Meredith Hicks, Aflac
- Andrea Juett, AXA Equitable
- Ellie Kinne, Ameriprise Financial
- Tiffany Lee, Parametric
- Amanda Van Handel, Thrivent Financial
- Dennis Wong, Liberty Mutual, North Division
- Curt Bazemore, Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya
- Jeniffer Bissett, Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale
- Paula Bloukos, The Peninsula Beverly Hills
- Bonnie Cannon, Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Manuel Carreon, Velas Resorts
- Michelle Castady, 360 Destination Group
- Laurie Czyz, Radisson Hotel Group
- Jennifer Edwards, Omni Amelia Island
- Steve French, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- Michael Garrow, Meadowood Napa Valley
- Gregg Herning, ACCESS Destination Services
- Chelsea Johnson, Premiere Speakers Bureau
- Cynthia Kunz, Velas Resorts
- Marcela Maldonado, Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
- Kris Marinelli-Jebson, MGM Resorts International
- Chris Massucci, Marriott International
- Sue Meylan, Cappa & Graham Terramar
- Anthony Moreschi, Encore Boston Harbor
- Cristina Paris, Park Hyatt New York
- Melissa Quest Hays, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- Shannon Reinhardt, InterContinental New York Times Square
- Melinda Shelley, The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
- Katherine Stanek, Westin Portland Harborview
- Mikhail Thomas, Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion
- Jackie Wade, Trump International Doonbeg Ireland
- Betty Wilson, InterContinental Hotels Group