Did You Know?
Labor Day is more than just a reason to fire up the grill; it's a celebration of the American worker! While there is some confusion over who first proposed the holiday, it started out of the labor movement and celebrates the contributions workers have made toward the prosperity of the country. The very first Labor Day holiday was celebrated September 5, 1882 in New York City with a parade. Governmental recognition followed shortly thereafter. Today, more than 160 million people make up the U.S. labor force. Learn more about the history of Labor Day and check out these surprising facts.
5 Things to Know in September
Check out this interactive calendar for an overview of upcoming events.
The September digital edition of MeetingsNet is now available.
Discover all-new networking opportunities at the 2018 FICP Annual Conference.
Donate to the 17th Annual Silent Auction and support the local Orlando community.
From Social: Simple Solutions for Colossal Problems with Derreck Kayongo at TEDxCharleston. Watch the talk here.
Help FICP and You Could Win an Apple Watch
FICP is dedicated to developing members, and advocating the positive impact and value of your work. To accomplish those objectives, we need to better understand how you're using FICP's current programs and benefits, and how satisfied you are with them. We invite all meetings professionals to complete our 2018 Member Satisfaction Survey. Complete the survey by September 21 and you could win an Apple Watch!
We're shaking things up at this year's FICP Annual Conference. Networking will look different than it has in the past – and we're excited to tell you more about it! This is the first in a series of three videos that explain this year's networking offerings.
Secure your spot today for discounted registration rates – they expire September 21!
Contribute to FICP’s CSR Efforts by Participating in the 17th Annual Silent Auction
The FICP Silent Auction Committee is seeking donations for this year’s auction. Showcase your property or company by donating. Sports tickets, wine packages, unique local experiences and hotel stays make excellent auction items. Donate today.
Interested in booking your dream vacation while supporting the local Orlando community? Bid on one of many auction items starting Wednesday, September 19. Take a peek at what’s up for grabs here. Proceeds from this year’s Silent Auction will benefit organizations that make a positive impact on the local Orlando community today, and tomorrow's workforce.
Strategic Partner Profiles
Anthony Duggan, Sales Executive, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
"As the leading destination for business travel, Las Vegas undoubtedly understands the value of face-to-face meetings and the importance of relationship building. Our partnership with FICP provides incredible opportunities to increase visibility for Las Vegas while spending valuable time with our clients at premier industry events that drive business forward."
Meet and Greet in Las Vegas! With more than 11 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space, nearly 150,000 hotel rooms, and expertise in hosting groups of all sizes and descriptions, Las Vegas is the world’s premier meetings destination. Events held in Las Vegas regularly enjoy increased attendance, due in part to the availability of unparalleled dining and entertainment.
Katy Gettinger Eagen, Vice President, Group Sales, Insurance & Financial, Preferred Hotels & Resort
"Preferred Hotels & Resorts has been a Strategic Partner with FICP for many years. This partnership has allowed Preferred Hotels & Resorts to connect its 650 independent hotels around the globe to the most respected Financial & Insurance Planners."
As you will see in this video, we are celebrating 50 years of bringing independent luxury hotels to the forefront for Insurance & Financial planners. It has been a privilege to grow and evolve with FICP as we cheers to 50 years!
FICP Welcomes New & Returning Members and Hospitality Partners
- Leah Convery, AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc.
- Natasha Fiorillo, Swiss Re
- Raquel Fuentes, 5Star Life Insurance Company
- Samantha Gerard, AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc.
- Audra Gilpin, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.
- Janice Griggs, Ernst & Young
- Mary Jane Hartmann, Ernst & Young
- Mindy Henderson, OneAmerica
- Jennifer Hopkins, The Options Clearing Corporation
- Jodi Lee, The Hartford
- Annette Maffeo-Guidice, Ernst & Young
- Anne Smith, AXA Equitable
- Brandi Wallace-Million, Shelter Insurance Companies
- Dennis Wong, Liberty Mutual
- Candice Alexander, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Tara Barbera, Ocean Resort Casino Atlantic City
- Lisa Carnemolla Comerford, Concept Artists, LLC
- Chris Carpenter, Edwardian Hotels London
- Manuel Carreon, Velas Resorts
- Michelle Castady, 360 Destination Group
- Courtney Church, Corinthian Events
- Allie Cimo, The Peninsula Chicago
- Laurie Czyz, Radisson Hotel Group
- Ted Davis, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
- Lori Del Bosque, Hyatt Regency by Mall of America
- Tom Dougher, Celebrity Cruises
- Debbie Finch, Seafire Resort + Spa
- Steve French, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- Jennifer Friday, Visit Tampa Bay
- Daniele Gold, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Harvey Grotsky
- Marc Haeni, Kuoni Destination Management
- Kaelan Henderson, Niagara Falls Business Events
- Gregg Herning, ACCESS Destination Services
- Dimitri Janvier, Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
- Patrick Knudsen, Grand Hyatt San Francisco
- Cynthia Kunz, Velas Resorts
- Stephen Longbottom, Langham Hotels & Resorts
- Isabella Magro, The Langham, London
- Marcela Maldonado, Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
- Laurie Mangiaracina, JW Marriott Desert Springs
- Ava Matchen, Hilton Waikoloa Village & Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Phillip Mayer, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London
- Evonne Melendez, Hilton Worldwide
- Ty Molo, Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa
- Wendy Norgren, Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay
- John Punzenberger, Hilton Worldwide
- Shannon Reinhardt, InterContinental New York Times Square
- Shannon Rodriguez, Imprint Group
- Robin Samkoff, The Westin New York at Times Square
- Cindy Schuster, The Langham, Chicago
- Sheldon Senek, Eagles Talent Speakers Bureau Inc.
- Kathy Tavares, Marriott International
- Bridgette Thelen, Radisson Hotel Group
- Marilin Ubiera, Millennium Hotels and Resorts
- Sherry Wolff, The American Club Resort