- About FICP
- Meeting Planners
- Hospitality Partners
The New Face of NewsNet
Welcome to the new and improved FICP NewsNet. Take a look around. We've cleaned up the navigation, written shorter and more concise articles and implemented more simple and appealing aesthetics. We even built in easy print and sharing capabilities.
We hope you enjoy the new and improved NewsNet. Questions? Contact us.
1. NewsNet is new! We encourage you to share it with your colleagues and professional contacts. And don't hesitate to let us know how we can continue to improve your FICP newsletter.
2. Contribute to the 2013 FICP Annual Conference Silent Auction, benefitting Junior Achievement®. Bidding opens on Monday, October 21.
3. Take a few minutes to update your profile today and make the most of your involvement with FICP. Just log in and click "My Information." It only takes two minutes, and if you do it before October 31, you'll be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card.
4. Hospitality Partners: secure an ad in one of the most popular FICP resources - the Annual Conference Photo Directory. Reservations must be made by Friday, October 25.
5. Don't forget, Ask Ed is out at TheNetwork to answer your questions about everything from tipping to space selection to finding helpful documents on TheNetwork.
The Annual Conference is fast approaching and as expected, there is a lot of interest from our planner community to be part of the conference. Recently, we closed planner registration and established a waitlist for those seeking to attend. With our growing membership and the high demand to go to Boston, we’re excited to announce that we have decided to increase planner attendance at this year’s Annual by more than 15% of plan. The result will be near record-high planner attendance and a greater number of planners able to attend than in more than five years.
Thank you to everyone who has contacted us the past few weeks regarding this matter. As always, we appreciate the feedback and value your input.
Each month in NewsNet, we feature FICP Strategic Partners. This month, we showcase these three fantastic companies. Click their logos to read our interviews with them.
Submit your silent auction donations today and support Junior Achievement® (JA) and JA of Northern New England. FICP is seeking donations big and small and a successful auction offers something for everyone, so be creative. To donate, visit the FICP silent auction page. Bidding opens Monday, October 21.
Why JA? FICP partnered with JA because it is dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. To learn more about JA – including opportunities to volunteer in your community – visit www.ja.org.
The Member Recruitment Contest is FICP’s yearly promotion to grow membership and allow hospitality partners who did not secure a sponsorship opportunity to attend the Annual Conference (this year, in Boston). FICP proudly welcomed 49 new members as a result of the 2013 contest. Thanks all of the hospitality partners who helped grow FICP.
As the hospitality partner winner, Ann receives a guaranteed, complimentary spot at the 2014 FICP Annual Conference.
Jennifer Sisk, CMP
As the planner winner, Jennifer receives complimentary registration, hotel stay, and airfare for the 2014 Annual Conference.
Congratulations to Ann and Jennifer and thank you to everyone who helped grow FICP's planner community this year through recruitment efforts.
Update for the 2014 Recruitment Contest: Each hospitality partner who successfully recruits at least one new planner members to join FICP and if that planner registers for the 2014 Annual Conference, will have the opportunity to register at the reduced rate of $2,800 for the 2014 Annual Conference in Hawaii. The overall winner of the recruitment contest (the hospitality partner who recruits the most new planners who attend the 2014 Annual Conference) will receive a guaranteed, complimentary spot at the 2015 FICP Annual Conference at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Andrea Beveridge, FM Global
Candice Alexander, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek