Member Recruitment Program - Hospitality Partners
PLEASE NOTE, THE RECRUITMENT PROGRAM HAS CHANGED. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IN ITS ENTIREITY.
The 2017 membership recruitment program takes place February 20, 2017 – September 1, 2017.
A hospitality partner who recruits a planner from a new qualified financial and/or insurance company* who joins FICP by 5:00 p.m. CT Friday, September 1, 2017, will receive one guaranteed entrance spot at any 2017 FICP event at the entry-level fee for that particular event.
*A new financial and/or insurance planner member company is defined as an eligible company that has not held any FICP planner membership within the last 12 months.
- Any new financial and/or insurance planner company recruited after September 1, 2017 will count toward the 2018 Recruitment Program, which is subject to change annually. Subsequent companies recruited during the contest period will be acknowledged by FICP, but no additional prizes will be awarded to an individual during this period.
- The first planner application received from a company will count as the new company for the recruiter. Subsequent planners from the same financial and/or insurance company will not be counted as a new company referral and will not receive credit under the program.
- Recruitment efforts must be accomplished by the referring individual. Referring on someone else’s behalf, enlisting FICP staff or asking other hospitality partners or planners to assist in the recruiting while utilizing your name is prohibited.
- The recruitment prize is not transferable to other individuals within the company, anyone at another company or a representative of the company.
- New planner members who do not indicate a referring party when submitting their application will not be considered recruited.
- The purpose of this recruiting effort is to build a strong FICP membership base. Hospitality partners and planners are not allowed to pay for another planner members’ dues, as experience has shown they are unlikely to engage in the community. Additionally, this is inconsistent with FICP’s ethical guidelines.
- TheNetwork online member community directory will be used as the official record for member companies. Companies may be searched within the current member list, and past member companies are listed for those member companies that are ineligible under the previous 12 month rule. The planner’s application must be accepted by FICP in order to qualify for the recruitment program prize.
Tips for Recruitment
Start reaching out to your network to share the benefits of FICP membership. Need tips on how to spread the word? Here are some ideas:
- Send an email invitation to your network
- Share the benefits of membership with your peers
- Pass along NewsNet to a potential member
- Add a link to the FICP website to your emails
- Post tweets and other announcements on your social media channels
- Invite a potential member to coffee with another planner member