- About FICP
- Meeting Planners
- Hospitality Partners
Summer is an exciting time for FICP, having just wrapped up the 2014 Education Forum and continuing to prepare for both the Summer and Fall Symposia. We hope you’ve made plans to join us in Toronto or Rancho Mirage, but if you haven’t – it’s not too late! Learn more about the upcoming Symposia and choose the event that best fits your needs.
- If you haven’t already, browse the Summer Symposium Education webpage for a glimpse of the captivating education sessions and keynote presentations attendees will experience in Toronto.
- The 2014 FICP Fall Symposium also boasts some exceptional education. Read about the education sessions and keynote presentation that are sure to impress in Rancho Mirage.
- The 2013 FICP Annual Report is now available. Read about how FICP fared in 2013.
- FICP’s Flickr page has event photos you can download and share. Take a walk down memory lane and check out our galleries!
- Have you registered to attend the 2014 FICP Annual Conference? Join us November 16-19 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Waikoloa, Hawai'i for what is sure to be an unforgettable event!
The 2014 FICP Education Forum was a success, drawing 74 planner members and 125 hospitality partners. Attendees enjoyed 12 education sessions, connected at three unique networking events and enjoyed four great keynotes. As part of FICP's continued philanthropic partnership with Junior Achievement, motivated students from Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans attended Thursday afternoon's interactive general session with Song Division. The students paired with attendees, bringing a unique and fresh perspective to the session.
Learn more about these driven students and FICP's partnership with JA here.
If you attended the Education Forum, you can access session materials by visiting the Resource Library in TheNetwork (member log in is required). Photos from the event can be found at www.mysiphotos.com using the following login information.
Event: 2014 FICP Education Forum
IncentiveWorks is Canada’s largest meetings + events show. FICP is an association partner at IncentiveWorks and will be on the tradeshow floor, August 19-20 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, along with more than 700 local, national and international suppliers. The event features planner-focused education and is a great opportunity this summer to break out of your day-to-day routine and push your boundaries.
Planners from the Greater Toronto area and beyond are welcome to apply to be hosted at IncentiveWorks.
National Hosted Buyers Program – For planners outside the Greater Toronto Area. Includes round-trip transportation, up to four nights' accommodations, and access to all full conference activities.
The IncentiveWorks Hosted Buyers Program delivers opportunities including:
- Hosted Buyers Welcome Reception
- MPI Foundation Canada Rocks Opening Fundraiser event
- Toronto Site Tour Event, presented by Tourism Toronto
- M+IT’s magazine’s 2014 Hall of Fame Awards Presentation
- Hosted Buyers Group Dinners
- IncentiveWorks Closing Party
Local Host Program – For planners living or working in the Greater Toronto Area. Attend the full education conference, tradeshow and Closing Party. Plus, receive lunch each day. Commit to six appointments with exhibitors and your pass is free.
Contact Stephanie Hiltz at (416) 510-5231 with questions.
FICP Strategic Partners support the organization year-round. This month, learn more about DMC Network. Click their logo to read our interview with them.
Congratulations to planner member Sandy Monkemeyer, Captive Resources, and hospitality partner Michael Dominguez, MGM Resorts, who were named as Changemakers on MeetingsNet's annual Changemakers list!
Do you know an FICP member or hospitality partner who deserves Kudos for a promotion, CMP designation, award/honor or outstanding contribution? Let us know!
- Materials from the 2014 FICP Education Forum are here.
- Ask Ed talked about new apps this month.
- Do you go international? Check out this new thread.
Joseph Campise, New York Life Insurance Company
Treasure D. Ledgister, Sun Life Financial
Joan Loebig, Principal Financial Group
Rayna Morrison, AIG
Deena Petrou-Winter, Manulife Financial
Amanda Ramdhani, Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated
Wendy Rukstalis, CMP, John Hancock Financial Services
Jen Schrafft, Manulife Financial
Yoko Van Horn, CMP, Ernst & Young
Kristin Andersen, The New York Palace
Katie Bellas, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
Bess Bushnell, The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
Orla Byrne, Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa
Kathryn Carlton, Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Corinne Cross, Pan Pacific Vancouver
Terry Epton, CIS, CITE, DMCP, Hosts Global Alliance
Lina Fancello, InterContinental Montreal
Paola Fedriga, Metropolis DMC France
Lynn Kasten, Turnberry Isle Miami
Nicole Kubitza, Omni Hotels & Resorts
Kevin Rosa, Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Corey E. Shapoff, SME Inc.
Giovanna Subiry, Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Alex Thompson, Cappa & Graham
Tony Vericella, Island Partners Hawaii