- About FICP
- Meeting Planners
- Hospitality Partners
Last month's Education Forum was another memorable event! There are still several opportunities to connect face to face with FICP, including the Summer and Fall Symposia, along with the Annual Conference. Plan to join us at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal in Montréal, Canada, August 20-22, the Bacara Resort and Spa in Santa Barbara, California, September 30 - October 2 or Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas, November 15-18.
It's a busy month for FICP. Sit back and catch up here with all things FICP.
- Planner Members: Head over to TheNetwork and download the 2015 Education Forum Planners' Exchange notes. The ability to share ideas and best practices is one of the many great benefits of FICP membership. While you're there, take a look at the discussion board and keep the conversation going all year long!
- The 2014 Annual Report is now available for digital download on the FICP website.
- Attention Hospitality Partners: FICP is looking for Evening Event sponsors for the 2016 Education Forum in Half Moon Bay, California. If interested, please contact Katie Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanks to Porter Airlines and WestJet, travel to the Summer Symposium is more affordable than ever! Both planner members and eligible hospitality partners may take advantage of discounted airfare when booking travel to Montréal. Check your registration confirmation email for more information including discount codes and instructions, or contact email@example.com.
- New! The hospitality partner who recruits the most new planner members per quarter will get a chance to submit a brief video to be distributed to all FICP Planner Members and Hospitality Partners. Congratulations to second quarter winner Felix Llibre of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. View his video here.
A Message from Steve Bova, Executive Director, FICP Regarding
Junior Achievement - Anything is Possible
Education sessions cover topics such as building better communities and audience engagement. Attendees can also look forward to keynote speakers Mark Brand and David Marquet who will discuss the importance of community and how to foster leadership. View the full conference schedule for an in-depth look at what the Summer Symposium has to offer.
Registration for the 2015 Annual Conference is now open for all planner members. The FICP Annual Conference takes place November 15-18 at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas. This sure-to-be unforgettable event offers timely education in a balanced networking environment. Take a look at the Advance Program for a detailed schedule. Plan to join your financial services and insurance industry peers at this unique event, while experiencing a highly sought-after destination.
Registration for qualified hospitality partners will open soon.
Call for FICP Board of Directors Nominations
FICP is seeking candidates interested in serving on the association's Board of Directors for 2016. Interested planner members may complete the Candidate Application Form and return to Steve Bova at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 21. This deadline is necessary to give the Governance Committee opportunity to consider the full slate of potential candidates.
To be considered for board service, all candidates must:
Three director positions are available for the 2016 FICP Board. Director terms are for three years, and usually include the additional responsibility of serving as chair of an FICP committee or event team.
Additional tools and resources:
Click here for the benefits of board service.
Click here for the FICP Bylaws.
Applications must be received no later than August 21, 2015.
Call for FICP Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee (HPAC) Nominations
FICP is seeking candidates interested in serving on the association's Hospitality Partner Advisory Committee (HPAC). If you, or someone you know is interested in serving on the HPAC, please submit the HPAC Application to FICP headquarters by August 21, 2015. This deadline is necessary to give the Governance Committee the opportunity to consider the full range of applicants and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
To be considered for the HPAC, all candidates must:
Three positions are available for the 2016 HPAC; each term is for three years, and usually includes the additional responsibility of representing the HPAC on an FICP committee or event team. For more information, click here for the HPAC Purpose & Charge document.
The HPAC usually meets in conjunction with the FICP Board of Directors up to three times annually. These meetings are generally held in February/March, June (coinciding with the FICP Education Forum), and September/October. Meetings are two days in length (one night). The HPAC also participates in frequent conference calls throughout the year.
Applications must be received at FICP Headquarters no later than August 21, 2015.
The July issue of MeetingsNet is now available! The monthly MeetingsNet magazine can also be viewed in the digital edition, ready to view on your desktop, laptop or other device after FREE registration at MeetingsNet.com. You can also click to download the MeetingsNet app from a mobile device for the comprehensive, interactive digital experience that only the magazine app can deliver.
July Cover Story: 18 inspiring ideas from the GameStop conference including attendee-made video competitions, crowd-sourced lunch menus, guest emcees, and much more.
IncentiveWorks is Canada’s largest meetings + events show. FICP is an association partner at IncentiveWorks and will be on the tradeshow floor at booth 2232, August 18-19 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, along with more than 700 local, national and international suppliers. The event features planner-focused education and is a great opportunity this summer to break out of your day-to-day routine and push your boundaries.
Congratulations to the following Convention Industry Council Hall of Leaders Inductees:
- Larry Luteran, Former Senior Vice President of Group Sales and Industry Relations, Hilton Worldwide
- Jane E. Schuldt, CIS, CITE, Founder and President, World Marketing Group, Ltd
Congratulations to the following individuals named to the Successful Meetings 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry for 2015:
- Denise Dornfeld, President, AlliedPRA, Inc.
- Michael Dominguez, Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer, MGM Resorts International
Congratulations to the following people who were top point-earners in Supreme Connections: The Forum Game! Competition was fierce until the very end, and the number of game participants overall was bigger than ever. The top four planner participants will be contacted separately to receive their great prizes. Thank you for making the Education Forum even more interesting and fun this year.
- Kathy Kozminske, Associated Luxury Hotels International, 1,266 points
- Lindsay Steube, AIG, 1,262 points
- Daniele Menache, AB, 1,244 points
- Brian Whitt, CSI-Florida, a DMC Network Affiliate, 1,216 points
- Jenny Belonis, Liberty Mutual, 1,202 points
- Steve Hunt, Hyatt Resorts & Spas in Hawaii, 1,174 points
- Shawna Swartley, Lockton Companies, 1,169 points
- Taylor Cortolillo, Ohio National Financial Services, 1,119 points
- Kristi Kendall, Russell Investments, 1,089 points
- Darci Motta, CSAA Insurance Group, 1,082 points
- As a quick reminder, the full member database can be downloaded here. It's updated at the beginning of each month.
- What are your secrets for combating jet lag? Share them with this Ask Ed post.
- Did you know you can search the hundreds of documents in TheNetwork, in one place, with nearly any criteria you can think of? Follow this link, or click on the arrow next to the search bar and select "Show Advanced Search."
Kate Cofer, BlackRock
Mark Ahles, Bacara Resort & Spa