- About FICP
- Meeting Planners
- Hospitality Partners
As summer is winding down, FICP is ramping up for the Summer Symposium in August, the Fall Symposium in September and the Annual Conference in November. We hope to see you at these upcoming FICP events.
- Secure your spot at the 2014 FICP Fall Symposium, taking place September 7-9 at the beautiful, newly opened Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage. This unique event will feature top of the line FICP education, exceptional networking opportunities and a truly unforgettable meeting location. Don’t miss it!
- Notes from the FICP Education Forum Planners’ Exchange are now available in the Planners’ Group Resources in TheNetwork. Check out in-demand destinations, the latest in attendee gift ideas and more that your peers shared during this hour-long session in New Orleans.
- Couldn’t make it to New Orleans? Select session recordings from the FICP Education Forum are now available in TheNetwork! Hear about A Day in the Life of a Revenue Manager, listen in on the debate with Point/Counterpoint: The Lawyers Debate Today’s Hottest Contract Issues and learn more about site sourcing with eRFPs: Friends or Foes to Site Sourcing Effectiveness?
- The Advance Program is now available for the 2014 FICP Annual Conference. View this important resource for a taste of all the Annual Conference has to offer.
- Have you read the latest issues from FICP's media partners yet? Download the MeetingsNet app and view the August issue of Prevue.
Less than a month remains until the 2014 FICP Summer Symposium, taking place August 21-23 at the Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto. Join the more than 50 planners registered to attend, and be sure to secure your housing reservation by tomorrow's deadline. The Summer Symposium boasts an impressive lineup of keynote speakers, educational content and more. This is an FICP event you don’t want to miss!
FICP is seeking candidates interested in serving on the association's Board of Directors for 2015. Interested planner members may complete the Candidate Application Form and consider the "Before You Say Yes" checklist by Friday, August 15. This deadline is necessary to give the Governance Committee ample opportunity to consider the slate of candidates.
To be considered for Board service, all candidates must:
- Be an FICP Planner Member in good standing for a minimum continuous two-year period (membership application approved by the Board; dues fully paid).
- Be able to maintain their corporate and/or meeting planning responsibilities as well as their FICP Board member responsibilities.
- Be a strategic thinker focused on the big picture and the future.
- Have the full support of their company's management, since an FICP Board position requires additional work and occasional travel.
- Have at least five years of work experience in the meeting planning industry.
One Director position is available for the 2015 FICP Board. Director terms are for three years, and usually include the additional responsibility of serving as chair of an FICP committee.
FICP is seeking candidates interested in serving on the association's Hospitality Partner Advisory Council. If you, or someone you know is interested in serving on the HPAC, please submit the HPAC Application to FICP headquarters by August 15, 2014. This deadline is necessary to give the Governance Committee ample opportunity to consider the slate of candidates to make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval.
To be considered for the HPAC, all candidates must:
- Be an FICP Hospitality Partner in good standing for two continuous years or more (application approved by the Board; dues fully paid).
- Be a strategic thinker focused on the big picture and the future.
- Have attended at least three FICP Annual Conferences.
- Have 50 percent or more of their sales efforts within the insurance and financial services market segments.
- Be able to make the financial commitment to attend FICP Board of Directors meetings, the Education Forum and the Annual Conference at their own expense.
- Have not served on the HPAC in the previous two years.
There is one position available for the 2015 HPAC; each term is for three years. To apply, please consider the HPAC criteria/responsibilities document and complete the HPAC Application by August 15, 2014.
Calling all case studies! FICP members have told us that they learn best from each other. We are currently accepting planner case studies to share during the upcoming FICP Summer and Fall Symposia. If you plan on attending one of these upcoming events and have a success story, challenge met or new approach to your events you would like to share in a 15-20 minute presentation, we want to hear from you. Contact Lydia Kamicar, FICP Education Manager, at email@example.com with your interest.
The following people earned the most points in The Forum Game, the friendly competition set up to earn points by completing certain activities during and after the 2014 FICP Education Forum. By updating profiles, uploading photos, completing evaluations and more, this group was engaged and rocking the points game!
- Jeff Leggett, Co-operators Insurance – 353 points
- Courtney Thomas, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America – 328 points
- (tie) Jenny Belonis, Liberty Mutual & Jennifer Pratt, Cole Capital – 308 points
- Jaime Smith, Bartha – 328 points
- Megan Conlin, Montage Beverly Hills – 313 points
- Diane Hutchinson-Fontana, Tumlare Destination Management – 303 points
We’ll be reaching out to each of you for mailing information to send your prize in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for engaging with the Forum Game. We’ll play again at the 2014 FICP Annual Conference in Hawaii.
FICP Strategic Partners support the organization year-round. This month, learn more about ACCESS Destination Services and Silversea Cruises, Ltd. Click their logos to read our interviews with them.
Do you know an FICP Member or Hospitality Partner who deserves Kudos for a promotion, CMP designation, award/honor or outstanding contribution? Let us know!
Deana Andriani, AIG Advisor Group
Shawn Hatcher, CMP, Fidelity Investments
Christine Horn, Nationwide Insurance
Treasure D. Ledgister, Sun Life Financial
Joyce Li, RBC Brand Marketing
Joan Loebig, Principal Financial Group
Lisa Machado, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
Li Zhen Ng, CMP, Liberty Mutual
Silvia Portaluppi, Invesco Canada Ltd.
Wendy Rukstalis, CMP, John Hancock Financial Services
Adrienne Rytel, Nationwide Insurance
Paige Cabacungan, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Elsa Castillo, Tropical Incentives DMC
Jamey Dempsey, Hilton Orlando
Nikki DeSantis, CMP, Walt Disney World and Swan Dolphin Resort
Paola Fedriga, Metropolis DMC France
Chantal Fiorelli, EMI - DMC Italy
Tosha Fullerton, AZA Events, Inc.
Joan Hane, Radisson Blu Mall of America
Mitch Hince, Delta Hotels
Hannah McClintock, The DMC Group
Brian Plott, Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Sis Ryan, Incentives Hawaii, Inc.
Marla Spear, CHSE, The Fairmont Dallas
Arianna Valentino, Radisson Aruba Resort Spa & Casino
Lamia Zahouani, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts