- About FICP
- Meeting Planners
- Hospitality Partners
The Summer Symposium is currently taking place at the Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto, ON. Couldn't make it to the Summer Symposium? Follow the action via FICP's Facebook, Twitter and Flickr pages, and consider joining us at the upcoming Fall Symposium in September and the Annual Conference in November.
- Access all FICP event apps, as well as year-round resources for members, all from the convenience of your mobile device. The 2014 Annual Conference app will be available soon within the FICP Mobile App.
- View the 2014 FICP Annual Conference Advance Program for speaker, education, networking information and more.
- It's not too late to secure your spot at the 2014 FICP Fall Symposium, taking place September 7-9. Be among the first to experience the newly opened The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage in beautiful Rancho Mirage, CA.
- Hospitality partners: Check out our new infographic with the latest FICP member data to help you make your case for 2015 sponsorship.
- FICP is now seeking donations for this year's silent auction. Consider donating memorabilia, vacation packages, tickets, etc. to this charitable cause, benefiting Junior Achievement®. Learn more and donate here.
Time is running out to participate in the 2014 FICP Member Recruiting Contest. Spread the word about the valuable education and networking opportunities FICP membership provides! Thank you to those who have already recruited new planner members.
Planner Member Guidelines:
The planner who recruits the most new planner* members between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014, will receive the following prizes:
- Complimentary registration to the 2015 Annual Conference November 15-18, 2015, taking place at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Complimentary hotel stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island, during the 2015 Annual Conference
- One (1) free round-trip American Airlines ticket to be used for attending the 2015 Annual Conference
Hospitality Partner Guidelines:
The hospitality partner who recruits the most new planner* members between October 1, 2013, and September 30, 2014, will receive a complimentary registration ($5,175 value) to the 2015 Annual Conference, November 15-18, 2015, at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas. Please note: In the event of a tie, the longer-standing hospitality partner will win the prize; no second place prize will be awarded.
Any hospitality partner that recruits one (1) or more meeting planners to join FICP and register for the 2014 Annual Conference by September 30 will earn a spot at the 2014 Annual Conference, but must still pay a discounted registration fee of $2,800 ($5,175 value). Please note: Limited spots are available for hospitality partners to attend through new member recruitment.
This is a recruiting effort to build a strong membership base. Hospitality partners are not allowed to pay for planner membership dues and fees associated with attending the conference (registration, hotel, airfare, etc.). Hospitality partners that qualify through new member recruitment must attend the Annual Conference of the same year. No transfers will be made to future Annual Conferences or other FICP events.
Read about recruiting tips and more here.
*A new planner is defined as one who has not maintained FICP membership during the past 12 months and pays at least $275 in dues.
|The 2014 FICP Annual Conference will host FICP's 13th silent auction. Last year, FICP raised more than $74,000 through the silent auction. This year, in keeping with FICP's dedicated philanthropic efforts, the silent auction will once again support Junior Achievement®, with proceeds benefiting Junior Achievement International and Junior Achievement of Hawai'i, the local area chapter.|
FICP is currently seeking donations big and small for this year’s silent auction. Memorabilia, vacation packages, tickets to sporting events, local gifts and even gift cards offer immense value and enhance the value of FICP's silent auction, which in turn enhances our charitable contribution. A successful auction offers something for everyone, so be creative with your donation.
You may submit a donation by completing the following steps:
- Visit the silent auction site.
- Click on the “Donate Items” button on the left-hand side.
- If you made a donation last year, log into the site. If you do not remember your login information or are new to the site, register as a new user. Please note: Your login for the auction website is not the same as your login for the FICP website.
- Once you have completed the online form with the details for your donation, your donation will be visible on the site, pending review.
Bidding opens Wednesday, October 15 so don't wait to submit your donation!
Please contact Kelly Sherrard with questions at email@example.com or (312) 245-1023.
If you don’t already have plans to be at IMEX America 2014 in Las Vegas, October 14–16, you may want to get on board. A trip to this “go- to” show for the meetings industry includes unprecedented interaction with hundreds of hotels, venues and destinations from around the U.S. and the world, and access to popular co-located networking events, such as Site Nite North America. An inspiring line-up of free, CEU-building education sessions also awaits, starting with Smart Monday powered by MPI. For more information and to register for IMEX America 2014, click here.
Don't forget to stop by FICP's booth, #623, while at IMEX!
FICP Strategic Partners support the organization year-round. This month, learn more about JPdL Destination Management Company and Monaco Government Tourist Office. Click their logos to read our interviews with them.
Do you know an FICP Member or Hospitality Partner who deserves Kudos for a promotion, CMP designation, award/honor or outstanding contribution? Let us know!
- The Ask Ed group is closing in on 200 members! Join it to follow all the great questions coming in to our education committee.
- A few folks on TheNetwork have provided great options for quick, easy and inexpensive photo slideshow tools. Learn about them.
- Did you know that the full FICP member list is updated each month on TheNetwork? We also post weekly updates to the FICP event attendee lists there. Search the Resources area for this and more to help you with your work.
Izabella Bachmanek, Manulife Financial
Mary Beth Brown, 5Star Life Insurance Company
Alyssa Cackler, Nationwide Insurance
Elizabeth Carter, Investment Company Institute
Merideth Eisenhardt, Foremost Insurance Group
Maureen Fleming, AXA
Jenny Hung, AIG
Ernest Huwyler, CMP, AIG
Meghan MacLean, Manulife Financial
Maureen Mandirola, Prudential
Ana Navarro, CMP, Prudential
Kately Stewart, Cohnreznick, LLP
Lisa Theule, Foremost Insurance Group
Sable Tidd, CNO Financial Group
Trina Valverde, Nationstar Mortgage
Mary Wagner, CMP, CPPM, Cetera Financial Group
David Wickersham, The Leaders Group, Inc.
Polly Clendenin, Hiltons of San Diego
Veronika Dalekorejova, Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague
Ashley Douis, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Leslie Fried, DMC, Advantage Destination and Meeting Services, Inc.
Darren Green, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
Carrie Heiden, Capitol Services, Inc., a DMC Network Company
Jennifer Hohenberg, ACCESS Destination Services/ACCESS Chicago
Paul Holden, Conrad New York
KC Kinsey, JW Marriott Palm Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Siiri Lobe, Marriott International
Michael Matthews, MBA, Meetings and Conventions Prince Edward Island
Laurene Miller, Accent on Arrangements, Inc., a DMC Network Company
Joshua Novick, London & Partners
Jordan Spilker, CMP, Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
Denise Stanley, Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Christy Yomes, Chrysalis Events Hawai'i